Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

If You Could Add One Past Player.....

From the Crean era to our current team, who would it be and why?

For me, while there might be a few better players I could pick, I’m going with Christian Watford. I feel we could use some more size, and would really compliment TJD. Obvious upgrade would be his outside shooting, but Watford was a very good app around player.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This shouldn't even be up for debate. Look at the way Big Prill bodies up against the hated Illini! 
In all seriousness: Vic or Cody -- because they're Vic and Cody. 
Cody would give us the skilled big man we need (Brunk's OK -- but I'm still not sure he's B1G caliber. Probably would be best served coming off the bench). 
Vic would give us that experienced crazy athletic guard who can shoot (as he could in his final year at IU) and get to the bucket. 

Priller_01_0119_md.jpg

21 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Since he hasn’t been mentioned, what about Thomas Bryant? Really good big guy who could shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He would be such a good fit for this team!

Plays with over the top emotion, something that’s been lacking the past few years.

Zeller would be a great choice due to the way he absolutely changed IU in his two seasons of college.

Oladipo could score at all three levels, dish it out, play tremendous defense, and rebound.

Yogi would be excellent with his ability to breakdown a defense, shoot, and lead.

If Zeller were on this team, TJD or Zeller would have to consistently hit a jumper to keep defenses honest.  I'm not sure we would be able to do this and the lane would be clogged, again.

Watford, Bryant, or Biefeldt as another big that could consistently hit outside shots would be a better fit even though they might not be as good as Zeller.

What about a lights out shooter in Hulls or Zeisloft?  TJD is going to get doubled throughout the season and having a shooter that could make them pay for doubling would be a welcome relief. 

I would go with Watford or Oladipo.

Phin, Durham, Hunter, Watford, TJD

or

Phin, Oladipo, Hunter, Thompson, TJD

Zeller would be a great choice due to the way he absolutely changed IU in his two seasons of college.
Oladipo could score at all three levels, dish it out, play tremendous defense, and rebound.
Yogi would be excellent with his ability to breakdown a defense, shoot, and lead.
If Zeller were on this team, TJD or Zeller would have to consistently hit a jumper to keep defenses honest.  I'm not sure we would be able to do this and the lane would be clogged, again.
Watford, Bryant, or Biefeldt as another big that could consistently hit outside shots would be a better fit even though they might not be as good as Zeller.
What about a lights out shooter in Hulls or Zeisloft?  TJD is going to get doubled throughout the season and having a shooter that could make them pay for doubling would be a welcome relief. 
I would go with Watford or Oladipo.
Phin, Durham, Hunter, Watford, TJD
or
Phin, Oladipo, Hunter, Thompson, TJD

I considered Hulls or Zeisloft, you can’t go wrong with their shooting ability. I went with Watford because I felt we needed more size on this team, but one who could be a good sharp shooter from outside.

I know Watford will always be known for the Wat-Shot or Wat-Block, but I will never forget how he brought us back at the end of the 1st half against VCU!!! Dude went off and that brought us back to life.

5 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I considered Hulls or Zeisloft, you can’t go wrong with their shooting ability. I went with Watford because I felt we needed more size on this team, but one who could be a good sharp shooter from outside.

I know Watford will always be known for the Wat-Shot or Wat-Block, but I will never forget how he brought us back at the end of the 1st half against VCU!!! Dude went off and that brought us back to life.

I'll never forget the end of that first half.  He had a fist pump during that stretch that I realized we'd win that game because he wasn't going to back down to the VCU pressure. 

Easy one. Senior year Yogi. Dynamic creator who could also make shots. Could really push pace. Leader . Closer. Pretty ruthless competitor.  Put that Yogi on this team and it would have a chance to be a 2nd weekend tournament team.

4 minutes ago, Demo said:

Easy one. Senior year Yogi. Dynamic creator who could also make shots. Could really push pace. Leader . Closer. Pretty ruthless competitor.  Put that Yogi on this team and it would have a chance to be a 2nd weekend tournament team.

I truly believe that Yogi almost single-handedly extended Tom Crean's coaching tenure at IU.  His talent and leadership were really something to watch.  He, Jared Jeffries, and possibly Steve Alford, have had the most individual impact of any players in my lifetime.