Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Tennessee Tech - 11/25/20 @ 8:00 ET on BTN

I am soooooo ready to get started. I have struggled mightily these last 8 months. Basketball, Track and to an extent Baseball have helped me through my Depression stemming from my Chronic Pain and other Health issues. I really need this right now.

The Hoosiers don't have an easy schedule, but I am optimistic they will have a successful season and be in the Tournament

I think against the "cupcakes" we could see everyone get some playing time, with the returnees getting tge bulk of the action.

LET'S GO HOOSIERS!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

I'm not counting on it until tonight. If Tenn St. can make it to Btown and get through today's rapid testing then I'll get confident that we've got a game.

Now the question would be should IU even take a chance a play this game?  Let’s say they play this game and a player on Tech was positive(their coach tested positive) although the day of the game he tested negative.  IU plays the game against Tech and gets the win.   Now that player gives it to someone on IU and at Greensboro they have a positive test for Maui tournament.  You now have to cancel 3 high major games because of a win against a low major.   This season is going to be different.  As much as I would like to see them play I would rather them be cautious to ensure the games against the high majors get played.   Thoughts? 

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I'm not counting on it until tonight. If Tenn St. can make it to Btown and get through today's rapid testing then I'll get confident that we've got a game.

I wouldn't even count on it till tomorrow. ... From what I understand, TTU's players were gonna get tested today and if all was good, head to Bloomington. Then, they were gonna get tested again tomorrow at IU.

I'm pretty sure our players get tested every day. 

39 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Now the question would be should IU even take a chance a play this game?  Let’s say they play this game and a player on Tech was positive(their coach tested positive) although the day of the game he tested negative.  IU plays the game against Tech and gets the win.   Now that player gives it to someone on IU and at Greensboro they have a positive test for Maui tournament.  You now have to cancel 3 high major games because of a win against a low major.   This season is going to be different.  As much as I would like to see them play I would rather them be cautious to ensure the games against the high majors get played.   Thoughts? 

I definitely get that angle.  I wish we could say a particular situation is us being cautious.  With so much uncertainty, I hope they operate at a minimalistic way.  More than anything I think this year is going to take a lot of trust.  Trust in all programs on your calendar making conscious efforts to minimize risk and following guidelines.  I do feel as though once we can get to that second weekend in the bubble I will feel better.  It’s going to be one of those seasons where you are on edge 24/7 waiting for your team to be that team.  The one thing the conferences can do imo, is get on the same page with restrictions, testing, and actions based on results.  That could help a lot of this out.

From today's Zoom media meeting - 

Still uncertainty with tomorrow's game.  Miller says "I hope we'll go tomorrow."

Brunk dealing with a sore back; he is practicing but they are taking it easy on him.

"Our guards have to dominate the game." Miller says the most important aspect for #iubb this season is taking care of the ball.

Miller says this is the most consistently healthy Rob Phinisee has been since his freshman year

Al Durham is the Hoosiers' best shooter, but says Anthony Leal, Trey Galloway, and Khristian Lander have all been good statistically in practice.

Miller on the rotation: "Not sure yet... all freshmen will have a role... We just haven't been able to evaluate a lot of rotations yet."  Admits there is going to be "some trial and error" for IU as the season begins, like a lot of teams, because rotations haven't been worked out in scrimmages/exhibitions.  He's concerned about #iubb being in game shape. He says not having exhibition games hurts their conditioning.

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart

Usually you get the anxiousness and excitement of how your team is going to look against the cupcakes to start the season.

In this crazy ****ed up world of 2020, you get the anxiousness and excitement of IF your team is going to play the cupcake.

2020 is the gift that keeps on giving like Alaska's "problems"...

Usually you get the anxiousness and excitement of how your team is going to look against the cupcakes to start the season.
In this crazy ****ed up world of 2020, you get the anxiousness and excitement of IF your team is going to play the cupcake.
2020 is the gift that keeps on giving like Alaska's "problems"...
Yeah i have been thinking about this all day. Can't believe I am more worried about the game being canceled than the game itself or our guys getting covid and missing several games. Crazy times

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Or he’s not one of these coaches. I have to coach and talk with people every day.  Never pull my mask down.  

I teach....and if I tested positive, no student would need to quarantine.  All depends on if protocol can/is followed.  Not saying that eliminates spread because it doesn't, but it can be minimized.

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Yes they should play this game! Our players and staff could catch COVID in so many ways before Maui--Thanksgiving dinner being one of them. Every game is a small risk, but the COVID risk is present no matter where they are at 8:00 on Wednesday.

Besides, I very much want to see them play.

The way 2020 is going, I fully expect Pfizer to announce that while the vaccine "prevents covid-19, it doesn't even touch this newly discovered and more dangerous covid-20".

The way 2020 is going, I fully expect Pfizer to announce that while the vaccine "prevents covid-19, it doesn't even touch this newly discovered and more dangerous covid-20".

I actually laughed pretty hard at this. I’m not sure if that makes me a horrible, or just crazy, person but that feels exactly what 2020 would give us.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app