Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Game Thread: 11/28 vs. Maryland - Noon - ESPN2

1 hour ago, gfeltner28 said:

He could've had a slight tear before this injury

I had a similar thought when he went down.  He didn't look right stepping into passes the whole first half.  I wonder if something was bothering him and this was just the final stage of the tear. 

I absolutely hate this for Penix and for the program.  Hopefully, he comes back better than before and has a healthy season.  I know a lot of his wins were to OOC opponents but he has a ridiculous W/L record as the starting quarterback at IU.

It kind of shows where IU is as a program that an injury to our QB is on the Lead of ESPN and all other ESPN.

Shows a lot too when we all haven’t given up on the season because the backup was an even better recruit and has shown some promise.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Not going to blame him for getting injured. He is a special talent and deserves to be back on the field next season if he wants. I think he's earned that. This is Tuttle's opportunity to prove his ranking coming out of high school was legit.

I know some have not liked what I have said about Penix, but I do have to give Tom Allen a ton of credit for the way he has upped recruiting!

Last time we lost a star QB in 2014, it derailed our season and our backup was a 2* son of a soap opera star. Nothing against Zander Diamont but he was not a Big Ten QB. When Sudfeld injury happened, we had one other star in Tevin Coleman and teams loaded the box and we hardly won after.

Now in 2020 we have a complete team with a really good defense and lots of really good players outside the QB and the backup is a 4* with high major offers. While our ceiling is lowered a bit, we should still be right there and only see minimal drop off instead of a whole season going up in smoke when star QB is lost. 

Props to Allen for elevating this program like he has!

Not surprised. I always think it’s an ACL injury when no contact is involved. That’s the end of Penix as IU QB. That’s three years that have ended in season ending injuries. Jack Tuttle is the guy moving forward

I don’t know if that will be the case. CTA really invests in his players and believes in them. I expect Penix to get a shot next season if he’s ready.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I know some have not liked what I have said about Penix, but I do have to give Tom Allen a ton of credit for the way he has upped recruiting!
Last time we lost a star QB in 2014, it derailed our season and our backup was a 2* son of a soap opera star. Nothing against Zander Diamont but he was not a Big Ten QB. When Sudfeld injury happened, we had one other star in Tevin Coleman and teams loaded the box and we hardly won after.
Now in 2020 we have a complete team with a really good defense and lots of really good players outside the QB and the backup is a 4* with high major offers. While our ceiling is lowered a bit, we should still be right there and only see minimal drop off instead of a whole season going up in smoke when star QB is lost. 
Props to Allen for elevating this program like he has!

It’s not what you’ve said, it’s the way and tone you’ve said it

6 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I had a similar thought when he went down.  He didn't look right stepping into passes the whole first half.  I wonder if something was bothering him and this was just the final stage of the tear. 

I absolutely hate this for Penix and for the program.  Hopefully, he comes back better than before and has a healthy season.  I know a lot of his wins were to OOC opponents but he has a ridiculous W/L record as the starting quarterback at IU.

In all seriousness, this is IU football, the bar is very low. Winning any game is an accomplishment, nothing to be ashamed of. 

Also, you might be on to something about his health, he has never had great footwork, but really looked awful the first half. 

12 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I don’t know if that will be the case. CTA really invests in his players and believes in them. I expect Penix to get a shot next season if he’s ready.

Can’t trust a player that’s injury prone. If Tuttle makes a name for himself to end this season, he should be the guy going forward

Maybe Tuttle blows it out of the water.... but you guys have noticed how vanilla the offense becomes with him right? Granted he hasn’t played meaningful minutes much, but it’s not like the playmakers are changing for the most part.

just funny there is already anyone writing  Penix  off 

14 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Maybe Tuttle blows it out of the water.... but you guys have noticed how vanilla the offense becomes with him right? Granted he hasn’t played meaningful minutes much, but it’s not like the playmakers are changing for the most part.

I'm certainly not writing Penix off. He is a very tough, determined young man. He's fought through adversity before and I believe he will regroup fight through it again I think he'll do everything possible to be ready to take the field next year. I also believe he's earned that opportunity. He's a generational talent for IU football. Tuttle will get an opportunity to show us what he can do, but it's a little late in the season to expect he will have the same playbook available to him that Penix had. We can still do this, it just got a little more difficult.

44 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Noticed how vanilla the offense got?  The dude played one game and wasn’t even supposed to play.  Of course it was vanilla. Let’s see after he has a week of practicing with the first string 

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Noticed how vanilla the offense got?  The dude played one game and wasn’t even supposed to play.  Of course it was vanilla. Let’s see after he has a week of practicing with the first string 

The score and situation also played a factor. If it was a tie game with 5 minutes left, I'm sure a few more plays would've been thrown in.