Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Game Thread: 11/28 vs. Maryland - Noon - ESPN2

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Seeing reports Penix is indeed done for the season.  :-(

Man you really have to feel for this kid. All the talent in the world but has had three major injuries in three years. 

Hate to hear this for Penix, by all accounts a great kid and has so much talent/potential. Hope it’s nothing too significant and he can use this time to trying to get his body another year of conditioning and build to it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

As I said I am done relying on Penix. If he is healthy great. If not we need to figure out if Tuttle is the guy and if not we have Donovan McCulley coming in next year. Unlike with Sudfeld injury, at least IU has multiple 4* QB's in fold and plenty of options so IU is not caught of guard this time and is a testament to the depth we have now. 

Penix is unfortunately not cut out to play football and gets hurt way to easily on hits that should not do damage. I feel terrible for the guy but the reality is his body betrays him like many other great players who have had careers ruined by injury. He has now torn his ACL twice in same spot which is really tough and makes me wonder if it is safe to play again. I thank him for his contribution to program and if he plays again I am really happy but not expecting it and it is best for him and his future to figure out what he wants to do besides football as his body will not allow that which is sad. 

Ceiling is lowered but as long as Tuttle can mange a game (and I have no reason to believe he cannot) we have a complete team now and not just a great QB and RB like we did with Sudfeld injury and should be very competitive without our starting QB. Testament to steps program has taken to address roster and depth issues.

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Tore his ACL just running out of bounds. Guess the football gods hate us again. 

I think it more confirms Penix is not built genetically to play football. There is absolutely no way 99% of people would tear an ACL on a play like that. It's funny because my family member who is a doctor I mentioned yesterday deals with ACL's and while he could not provide a diagnosis, we discussed if it could be an ACL and he said it was possible but he has never seen a play like that tear someone's ACL as it almost always takes bad trauma to the knee for that to happen and that was certainly not the case there. 

Horrible news but team can handle this now and Penix needs to figure out what his career holds besides football because unfortunately his body will not let him play. Very sad.

7 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Tore his ACL just running out of bounds. Guess the football gods hate us again. 

I thought maybe that defender clipped his heel on the way out and it might be an Achilles. Since it's his ACL -- that's pretty much a non-contact injury. Nobody hit his knee. Just landed or stepped wrong, I guess. 

11 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I think it more confirms Penix is not built genetically to play football. There is absolutely no way 99% of people would tear an ACL on a play like that. It's funny because my family member who is a doctor I mentioned yesterday deals with ACL's and while he could not provide a diagnosis, we discussed if it could be an ACL and he said it was possible but he has never seen a play like that tear someone's ACL as it almost always takes bad trauma to the knee for that to happen and that was certainly not the case there. 

Horrible news but team can handle this now and Penix needs to figure out what his career holds besides football because unfortunately his body will not let him play. Very sad.

So football is the only sport with non contact injuries? Or are you still going on about the hit causing it. 

Also **** you give LCS a run for his money when it comes to posting 

1 minute ago, KingPG21 said:

So football is the only sport with non contact injuries? Or are you still going on about the hit causing it. 

Also **** you give LCS a run for his money when it comes to posting 

Absolutely not. There are many players in other sports who have gotten hurt and had their career cut short or drastically altered through no fault of their own. I am thinking of Gordon Heyward in basketball for one who always seems to be out with something. Ken Griffey Jr. and Kerry Wood come to mind in baseball. These are just some examples who come to mind. 

Some people are more prone to injuries than others and get injured way to easily and Penix is one of them. I feel absolutely terrible for the guy but that is the reality we are dealing with.

4 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Terrible break for him and the team. Third year in a row he gets hurt...Is this the same leg he hurt two years ago? 

Tuttle has a good arm and the coaches should let him throw it around.

Upside is Wisconsin spent their extra week preparing for Penix. And don’t have a lot of film on Tuttle. 

30 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Absolutely not. There are many players in other sports who have gotten hurt and had their career cut short or drastically altered through no fault of their own. I am thinking of Gordon Heyward in basketball for one who always seems to be out with something. Ken Griffey Jr. and Kerry Wood come to mind in baseball. These are just some examples who come to mind. 

Some people are more prone to injuries than others and get injured way to easily and Penix is one of them. I feel absolutely terrible for the guy but that is the reality we are dealing with.

Gordon Hayward had one freak injury where he broke his ankle but other than that he has been very healthy. He’s played 72+ games in 7 of his 10 seasons, and one of the three seasons he didn’t was the lockout season where he played 66 of 66 games.

Anyway, everyone on here knows Penix is injury prone so I don’t really understand your line of posting. His lack of durability has been the one knock against him for the last 3 years.