Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Game Thread: 11/28 vs. Maryland - Noon - ESPN2

I hate to be the "I told you so" guy but Penix gets hurt way to easily.

That hit should not of hurt him at all, much less seriously. I am sitting with someone in my family who is a doctor and he said both that a hit like that should not cause any kind of injury much less a serious one but he is afraid based on the way he is walking that it is probably season ending. Taulia took a much harder hit in the knee on that last drive (should not of hurt him either, but certainly it had a better chance of hurting him then what happened to Penix). 

Speaking of Taulia he is not a tenth of what his brother is and until that Hail Mary is really inaccurate in the pocket and is only good in quick throws and unless he improves is not headed for same stardom. 

I actually feel OK assuming Tuttle has to replace Penix rest of year. We will see a drop off no doubt, but certainly have enough talent on D and at the skill positions if Tuttle can even be a game manager.

The reality is I am glad the Donoven McCulley is coming next year as we can't rely on Penix anymore and at very least need to have a good backup, but more likely a plan for future as Penix is made of glass. Marlin Mack on Colts is same and its why they drafted Taylor this year and think of him as a bonus since Mack also takes hits that really should not injure him. 

Going forward we need to plan as if Penix is going to be injured and treat him as a bonus. I hate it but unfortunately guy has the tools but not the stamina for the next level.

Great defensive performance today.  Solid win. 

I could hear Penix screaming before the cameraman even showed him down and not getting up.  I’m convinced, sadly, this will be a season ender.  

Hard to tell if Tuttle can give us what we need down the stretch.  I was counting the Wisconsin game as a Loss either way.  Need to beat Purdue. Not sure if we do with Tuttle.   Big time injury.  

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I mean if he feels better with that flex more power to him.

I hate injuries to anyone but even more so to a solid young man who has led this team to an amazing start to the season.

My cousins roommates daughters brothers uncle is a doctor and he said he’s done. 

That hit should not of hurt him at all, much less seriously. I am sitting with someone in my family who is a doctor and he said both that a hit like that should not cause any kind of injury much less a serious one but he is afraid based on the way he is walking that it is probably season ending. Taulia took a much harder hit in the knee on that last drive (should not of hurt him either, but certainly it had a better chance of hurting him then what happened to Penix). 
Speaking of Taulia he is not a tenth of what his brother is and until that Hail Mary is really inaccurate in the pocket and is only good in quick throws and unless he improves is not headed for same stardom. 
I actually feel OK assuming Tuttle has to replace Penix rest of year. We will see a drop off no doubt, but certainly have enough talent on D and at the skill positions if Tuttle can even be a game manager.
The reality is I am glad the Donoven McCulley is coming next year as we can't rely on Penix anymore and at very least need to have a good backup, but more likely a plan for future as Penix is made of glass. Marlin Mack on Colts is same and its why they drafted Taylor this year and think of him as a bonus since Mack also takes hits that really should not injure him. 
Going forward we need to plan as if Penix is going to be injured and treat him as a bonus. I hate it but unfortunately guy has the tools but not the stamina for the next level.

You didn’t tell me or anyone else on this board anything. Get out of here with this crap. We all watch sports and non contact injuries happen all the time.

Maybe you should be more considerate of a person possibly seriously injuring themselves instead of criticizing their inability to stay healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This post is classic lol. Your doctor friend can tell what hits could cause injury lol? What about non contact injuries? We all knew he was injury prone it has been mentioned by many numerous times since last season. If you hate to be the guy that told you so then don't be.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m certainly sorry to see Penix hurt. But this is why I wanted to keep Ramsey as our starter. 

Gotta hope Tuttle is a diamond in the tough now. Upside is the badgers probably don’t have a lot of film of him. And probably spent thus extra week preparing for Penix 

We wouldn’t be sitting at 5-1 with a 7 point loss to OSU if Ramsey stayed. 

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

No open weeks.

That is because Warren is an incompetent dolt. If he hadn't been in such rush to cancel the season in the first place, the conference wouldn't be such a mess. 

I'm also of the opinion the B1G will do anything and everything to get their pets, O$U, in no matter what.  

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

Per usual, what are you even talking about?

33 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

That is because Warren is an incompetent dolt. If he hadn't been in such rush to cancel the season in the first place, the conference wouldn't be such a mess. 

I'm also of the opinion the B1G will do anything and everything to get their pets, O$U, in no matter what.  

If this ends up costing an undefeated OSU a seat at the CFP, Warren may be gone. I know...”he won’t be”...but that would be like the ACC commissioner’s incompetency costing Duke an NCAAT appearance. 

29 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

If this ends up costing an undefeated OSU a seat at the CFP, Warren may be gone. I know...”he won’t be”...but that would be like the ACC commissioner’s incompetency costing Duke an NCAAT appearance. 

I doubt it. i think the Big Ten did it the right way when it came to dealing with the virus.  Yeah they canceled the season but they reviewed it and changed their minds.  If Ohio State can’t keep it under control, then that’s on them. These are difficult times and you can’t fault anyone for taking precautions.