Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

Big Ten football schedule

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Maybe the Big 10 can change the rules again next Saturday if they're losing to Northwestern at the end of the 4th quarter. Maybe give them an extra quarter, put a point tax on Northwestern for daring to outscore OSU, or even turn it into golf and decide low score wins. The possibilities are endless.

If ANYONE thinks the Big Ten has been above sending refs to alter games to favor the big boys make no mistake that the offices are showing they'll do whatever it takes to protect their little golden child.

**** THE BIG TEN!

Also, I'm not naive to believe that the Big Ten is alone in this.  When there is big money involved and people can control it they're going to find a way to mess with it.

**** THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF COMMITTEE TOO!!!

16 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

If ANYONE thinks the Big Ten has been above sending refs to alter games to favor the big boys make no mistake that the offices are showing they'll do whatever it takes to protect their little golden child.

**** THE BIG TEN!

Also, I'm not naive to believe that the Big Ten is alone in this.  When there is big money involved and people can control it they're going to find a way to mess with it.

Some OSU fans I’ve talked to actually think the Big 10 is out to get them and this is the first time they’ve caught a break in a long time lol. Idk why they ever bothered with a minimum game requirement. It’s not like this scenario wasn’t foreseeable. Heck, that’s the whole reason why they put the rule in place. But now it would hurt the chosen one so gotta get rid of it. 

21 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

**** THE BIG TEN!

College football is the most corrupt and nepotistic sport on the planet, and there's no close second. All about the $$$ and doing whatever it takes to get it. It doesn't help when your conference has an inferiority complex toward SEC football and ACC basketball and is desperate for respect. We're witnessing the byproduct of it. 

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

College football is the most corrupt and nepotistic sport on the planet, and there's no close second. All about the $$$ and doing whatever it takes to get it. It doesn't help when your conference has an inferiority complex toward SEC football and ACC basketball and is desperate for respect. We're witnessing the byproduct of it. 

Whether it's corporate America, politics, or high end athletics, follow the money and you'll understand what happens. I honestly don't have a problem with OSU being in the championship game. They beat us. The rule was a dumb thing to put in place to begin with. When I was a manager, I used guidelines, not rules, as my management philosophy. Guidelines gave me room to take circumstances into consideration. Rules did not. Rules create an uncomfortable box that have to be uniformly enforced or, as a leader, you lose the respect of those you manage. It will be interesting to see what the fallout will be if OSU is allowed to play in the championship game.

“@ZachOsterman: On the subject of how IU voted in today’s Big Ten decision, from a department spokesperson:

“Do you really think we’d vote against our own team? If you know anything about how we roll, of course we’re going to back our own athletes and team.” #iufb”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judging by the statement IU released they don’t seem to really care they got hosed.  If we won’t stand up for themselves then there really wasn’t a choice. 

That being said let’s beat the snot out of NW to start the basketball season and then rest 19 games and demand to be the 1 seed in the BTT 

Michigan insiders saying Michigan-Iowa is very likely for next week. Wisconsin trying to play Minnesota as well. Sounds like they’re throwing out the crossover matchup for whatever Barry wants, so don’t be surprised if we play Purdue next weekend if both teams are ready.

Just now, Magnanimous said:

Michigan insiders saying Michigan-Iowa is very likely for next week. Wisconsin trying to play Minnesota as well. Sounds like they’re throwing out the crossover matchup for whatever Barry wants, so don’t be surprised if we play Purdue next weekend if both teams are ready.

Good 

11 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

I think they're under the assumption that neither of us would be able to play.