Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

Big Ten football schedule

I understand everyone's frustration. That being said, and I understand that this is going to be a very unpopular opinion, we lost to OSU a month ago. I don't know how I would feel if we got in on a technicality over a team that beat us. We talk about asterisks on the achievements of other teams all the time.

I say, let's finish out the year strong, get a bowl game win, let the team be pissed about this all offseason, and BEAT OSU next year to remove all doubt.

15 minutes ago, Chips&Dipo said:

I understand everyone's frustration. That being said, and I understand that this is going to be a very unpopular opinion, we lost to OSU a month ago. I don't know how I would feel if we got in on a technicality due over a team that beat us. We talk about asterisks on the achievements of other teams all the time.

I say, let's finish out the year strong, get a bowl game win, let the team be pissed about this all offseason, and BEAT OSU next year to removed all doubt.

Me:

('Likes' Chips&Dipo's post...ducks for cover)

On the other hand, I am also a fan of Aloha's logic that "the ******* B1G can kiss my muther****ing @$$ and eat ****.

So there's that.

15 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Okay gotcha. Sorry for pulling the trigger too soon then.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You’re probably still correct. I don’t know what this “female committee” even is and I don’t know why university presidents would break from their ADs. The problem I have with this “if OSU plays and loses they still go” theory is they also dodge a second loss by having not played two other games aside from Michigan. “That wouldn’t happen”?? They lost to Purdue by a landside, what? Two years ago? It happens in this league all the time. But whatever, give us Iowa ranked in the top 15 and watch the committee try and screw us again after we beat them

1 minute ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

You’re probably still correct. I don’t know what this “female committee” even is and I don’t know why university presidents would break from their ADs. The problem I have with this “if OSU plays and loses they still go” theory is they also dodge a second loss by having not played two other games aside from Michigan. “That wouldn’t happen”?? They lost to Purdue by a landside, what? Two years ago? It happens in this league all the time. But whatever, give us Iowa ranked in the top 15 and watch the committee try and screw us again after we beat them

Iowa would drop out of the top 25 if they lost to IU.  Meanwhile, they'd rank Tennessee, Kansas State and any other random @$$ shitty team this season in the Big 12 or $EC.

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Iowa would drop out of the top 25 if they lost to IU.  Meanwhile, they'd rank Tennessee, Kansas State and any other random @$$ shitty team this season in the Big 12 or $EC.

I'm hearing rumors that Fort Hays State is gonna vault Kansas State in the rankings. 

6 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

My frustration comes more from our players and staff being screwed by the B1G’s own rules that they are breaking. Trust me, I think OSU is the better team and more deserving, but we all know if we swapped records with OSU the B1G would never have done this. The players got punished for doing nothing wrong, and that’s my frustration with it all.

Exactly this. OSU being better isn't the issue, it's changing the rules to get the desired result. O$U is the only school that would get this treatment- it most certainly wouldn't be IU. 

Me:
('Likes' Chips&Dipo's post...ducks for cover)

On the other hand, I am also a fan of Aloha's logic that "the ******* B1G can kiss my muther****ing @$$ and eat ****.
So there's that.

I’m not claiming IU is a better team. O$U has a great team. Why even set a rule at the beginning of the season if you’re just going to change it?! Why not just state “we’ll assess this at the end of the regular season.” The Big Ten office is a shitshow and has shown its @$$ time and time again.

The Big Ten can eat a whole bag of *****!!!
**** the Iowa AD too
**** the CFP
**** the purdoodoo toiletmakers

I hope the Indiana Football Hoosiers take this personal and beat the absolute dogshit, both physically and point spread, out of their opponents the rest of the season.

33 minutes ago, Chips&Dipo said:

I understand everyone's frustration. That being said, and I understand that this is going to be a very unpopular opinion, we lost to OSU a month ago. I don't know how I would feel if we got in on a technicality over a team that beat us. We talk about asterisks on the achievements of other teams all the time.

I say, let's finish out the year strong, get a bowl game win, let the team be pissed about this all offseason, and BEAT OSU next year to remove all doubt.

Disagree about the asterisk or technicality.  It is the rule, as set forth by the Big Ten prior to the start of the shortened season, and all schools agreed.  The only asterisk would be if the rule was changed literally at the very end of the season.  If O$U doesn't play six games, then Indiana is the team from the East B1G that plays for the championship, by the rules! Anything else would be a travesty.  

47 minutes ago, Chips&Dipo said:

It's not even a technicality. They put together a set of rules at the start of the season. All the schools agreed to the rules. Now, at the end of the regular season, they're changing the rules to benefit the Big 10's beloved Ohio State. We know there's zero chance that a 5-0 IU would get the rules changed to get in over a 6-1 Ohio State. We would've been better off canceling our game with them. If we had, we'd be heading to the conference championship game. But since we showed up and competed, we're worse off than had we canceled. 

I’m not claiming IU is a better team. O$U has a great team. Why even set a rule at the beginning of the season if you’re just going to change it?! Why not just state “we’ll assess this at the end of the regular season.” The Big Ten office is a shitshow and has shown its @$$ time and time again.

The Big Ten can eat a whole bag of *****!!!
**** the Iowa AD too
**** the CFP

I hope the Indiana Football Hoosiers take this personal and beat the absolute dogshit, both physically and point spread, out of their opponents the rest of the season.

Makes you wonder if the Iowa AD pushed hard so they wouldn’t have to play OSU in the cross over game 🤷‍♂️🧐🤬

Also, your post should be post of the year and pinned to the football thread! :)

Maybe the Big 10 can change the rules again next Saturday if they're losing to Northwestern at the end of the 4th quarter. Maybe give them an extra quarter, put a point tax on Northwestern for daring to outscore OSU, or even turn it into golf and decide low score wins. The possibilities are endless.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Maybe the Big 10 can change the rules again next Saturday if they're losing to Northwestern at the end of the 4th quarter. Maybe give them an extra quarter, put a point tax on Northwestern for daring to outscore OSU, or even turn it into golf and decide low score wins. The possibilities are endless.

The refs will penalize NW 100 yards before the 1st quarter ends. There's not gonna be any need to add wacky gimmicks. I'd love NW just to cancel last second and leave O$U high and dry. Can Nebraska play for the 'B1G title' on 2 hours notice?

49 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I’m not claiming IU is a better team. O$U has a great team. Why even set a rule at the beginning of the season if you’re just going to change it?! Why not just state “we’ll assess this at the end of the regular season.” The Big One office is a shitshow and has shown its @$$ time and time again.

The Big One can eat a whole bag of *****!!!
**** the Iowa AD too
**** the CFP

Fixed for you. 

57 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I think Northwestern should just report Covid cases and have the game be ruled a no contest.