Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

Big Ten football schedule

I didn't realize it, but the Big Ten will actually play nine games this year.  During the conference championship week, they will be matching up the other 12 teams.

My assumption is that they will not do rematches, so that means East teams will be matched up with West teams they haven't played.

Let's assume that the championship will be between Northwestern and Ohio State.  That would mean our final matchup would come from Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, and Nebraska.  Just my two cents, but my hope would be the host team would be assigned by which team had the better record.

15 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I didn't realize it, but the Big Ten will actually play nine games this year.  During the conference championship week, they will be matching up the other 12 teams.

My assumption is that they will not do rematches, so that means East teams will be matched up with West teams they haven't played.

Let's assume that the championship will be between Northwestern and Ohio State.  That would mean our final matchup would come from Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, and Nebraska.  Just my two cents, but my hope would be the host team would be assigned by which team had the better record.

Would love to play Illinois to shut up my neighbor 

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Hopefully they go straight done the divisions for the matchups. I think we’ll end up playing Iowa or Wiscy. If we end up playing Wiscy again hopefully it’d be a home game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I hope it's managed in a way so teams don't play twice....if that's even a possibility. 

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Hopefully they go straight done the divisions for the matchups. I think we’ll end up playing Iowa or Wiscy. If we end up playing Wiscy again hopefully it’d be a home game.

Pretty sure the Big Ten said no rematches. 

My gut feeling now is Iowa, but I'm sure Penix and company wouldn't mind messing with Minnesota's awful defense. 

37 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I hope it's managed in a way so teams don't play twice....if that's even a possibility. 

Things can definitely change but using the current standings of the east and west divisions you could get comparable matchups with only moving up or down one.  This would be pretty neat to see actually.  I did a spreadsheets of the schedules based on current standings in the divisions.

1477643778_ScreenShot2020-11-22at5_36_25PM.thumb.png.be4fc7f5c2aa363264287d211688525c.png

49 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Things can definitely change but using the current standings of the east and west divisions you could get comparable matchups with only moving up or down one.  This would be pretty neat to see actually.  I did a spreadsheets of the schedules based on current standings in the divisions.

1477643778_ScreenShot2020-11-22at5_36_25PM.thumb.png.be4fc7f5c2aa363264287d211688525c.png

My cold, dead heart would love to see Rutgers stomp Nebraska.  Bonus points if it happens in Lincoln while Scott Frost's crew are in their black uniforms.

52 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

I'm betting Iowa.  It only makes sense.  Hopefully it's a home game.

Side note: That would make our beloved Hoosiers playing 5 ranked teams out of 9 total games on the schedule.  

If O$U goes to Indy I would be it's Iowa too.  That would be fantastic to get another ranked team this season.  If we could win that game we'd be 4-1 against ranked teams.  (Yes, I understand some of those teams have turned out to be absolutely horrible, looking at you psu and meatchicken)  Just to give some perspective

#1 Alabama:  3-0 (will play Florida in $EC title game)

#2 Notre Dame:  2-0 (will play #4 Clemson in ACC title game)

#3 Ohio State:  2-0 (will play #15 Northwestern in Big Ten title game)

#4 Clemson:  1-1 (will play #2 Notre Dame in ACC title game)

#5 Texas A&M:  1-1

#6 Florida:  1-1 (will play #1 Alabama in $EC title game)

#7 Cincinnati:  2-0 (will play #24 Tulsa in AAC title game)

#8 Indiana:  3-1 (could play #19 Iowa in crossover game)

If Clemson loses to Notre Dame and Florida loses to Alabama while IU beats Iowa do we jump a boat load of teams and have an argument for a CFP bid?If Notre Dame is blown out by Clemson do they drop enough that we pass them? 

I believe Alabama is in, regardless.  I believe if Ohio State plays their next two games and wins, they'll be in too.  The winner of Notre Dame and Clemson also gets a shot.  The rest..

Texas A&M:  Best win is a 3 point win over Florida, solid win at Auburn.  They barely beat a bad Vandy team and go handled by Alabama.

Florida:  Best win is handling Georgia and a bunch of wins against the $EC East.  They lost by 3 to Texas A&M and probably Alabama.

Indiana:  Best win is at Wiscy, solid win over Iowa, a bunch of wins against the Big Ten East.  Lost to O$U by 7 on the road.

My guess is Clemson beats Notre Dame but Notre Dame still gets the 4th spot because Notre Dame. 

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

If O$U goes to Indy I would be it's Iowa too.  That would be fantastic to get another ranked team this season.  If we could win that game we'd be 4-1 against ranked teams.  (Yes, I understand some of those teams have turned out to be absolutely horrible, looking at you psu and meatchicken)  Just to give some perspective

#1 Alabama:  3-0 (will play Florida in $EC title game)

#2 Notre Dame:  2-0 (will play #4 Clemson in ACC title game)

#3 Ohio State:  2-0 (will play #15 Northwestern in Big Ten title game)

#4 Clemson:  1-1 (will play #2 Notre Dame in ACC title game)

#5 Texas A&M:  1-1

#6 Florida:  1-1 (will play #1 Alabama in $EC title game)

#7 Cincinnati:  2-0 (will play #24 Tulsa in AAC title game)

#8 Indiana:  3-1 (could play #19 Iowa in crossover game)

If Clemson loses to Notre Dame and Florida loses to Alabama while IU beats Iowa do we jump a boat load of teams and have an argument for a CFP bid?If Notre Dame is blown out by Clemson do they drop enough that we pass them? 

I believe Alabama is in, regardless.  I believe if Ohio State plays their next two games and wins, they'll be in too.  The winner of Notre Dame and Clemson also gets a shot.  The rest..

Texas A&M:  Best win is a 3 point win over Florida, solid win at Auburn.  They barely beat a bad Vandy team and go handled by Alabama.

Florida:  Best win is handling Georgia and a bunch of wins against the $EC East.  They lost by 3 to Texas A&M and probably Alabama.

Indiana:  Best win is at Wiscy, solid win over Iowa, a bunch of wins against the Big Ten East.  Lost to O$U by 7 on the road.

My guess is Clemson beats Notre Dame but Notre Dame still gets the 4th spot because Notre Dame. 

In my opinion, which means absolutely nothing, unfortunately the Big Ten in general is just soft this year.  Both PSU and Michigan really pooped the bed for any talk of two Big Ten schools in the CFP.  I foresee two 'ACC' (ND and Clemson) teams in the CFP.  (Technically, the Irish aren't ACC but hey it's 2020.)  Had both PSU and Michigan played well this year we might be talking about IU being ranked in the top 4 because OSU might have a loss or two on their record.  But I do like what you're thinking here and the fact that we're even having this discussion about Indiana football is freaking awesome!  Food for thought, I suppose one could argue the best win was the overtime win over #8 PSU at the time.  And how lucky is OSU to have only played two road games this season?  

I mean regardless IU has to take care of business before any of this to happen.  Bucket game this week.  Go Hoosiers!

Just now, HoosierDYT said:

It’s unfair the Big Ten will change the rules to allow Ohio State in the Big Ten Championship game....but...I get it. Please don’t crucify me haha

There’s nothing to get. This conference went from Big 2 Little 8 to Big 1 F-off 13.

Oh wow, this is about to get very interesting. IU DESERVES to be in the championship game now, no excuses other than the Big10 screwing us to make money off of OSU. If they make changes, I really hope local, national, and the university blast the Big10 to no end.

The Big10 officials put this into place, and they better follow it. I think the Big10 will further shows its incompetence with breaking their own rules they put forth. CrimsonCast guys said it best, if IU were Michigan or PSU, this wouldn’t even be a debate to help OSU.

9 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Oh wow, this is about to get very interesting. IU DESERVES to be in the championship game now, no excuses other than the Big10 screwing us to make money off of OSU. If they make changes, I really hope local, national, and the university blast the Big10 to no end.

The Big10 officials put this into place, and they better follow it. I think the Big10 will further shows its incompetence with breaking their own rules they put forth. CrimsonCast guys said it best, if IU were Michigan or PSU, this wouldn’t even be a debate to help OSU.

Read somewhere any changes have to be unanimous. Don’t know if true