Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Game Thread: 11/21 @ OSU Noon ABC

21 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Don't think you can really play the 'what if game'.  If so, then Ohio State can play the 'what if' Justin Fields doesn't just uncharacteristally throw a couple of passes up for grabs and 'what if' they basically just kick an extra point long field goal to go up 10 late in the game.  I am dumbfounded why they didn't.  Up 10 is as good as up 14 there.

Thought the same thing! Head scratcher.

On 11/21/2020 at 7:56 PM, maharkn said:

Next year might be hard losing ty and whop

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

I actually disagree with this. Don't get me wrong, Fyrogle and Whop will end up as two of the most productive WRs in IU history, but WR is also the position we have the most depth at. Right now, take out Ty and Whop and IU fields Miles Marshall, David Ellis, and Jacolby Hewitt. That's still a Big Ten caliber starting WR group. Plus they have Rashawn Williams and Javon Swinton right behind those three. Their top commit for 2021? Jaquez Smith, literally the highest rated recruit in program history. Losing Ty and Whop is going to suck big time, but I don't think it's going to lead to a dramatic decrease in WR play. 

Edited by dreachon

Is there any way, if OSU loses a big ten game this season, that IU could get to the Big Ten championship game? Or would this loss break the tie and give OSU the right?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

17 minutes ago, dreachon said:

I actually disagree with this. Don't get me wrong, Fyrogle and Whop will end up as two of the most productive WRs in IU history, but WR is also the position we have the most depth at. Right now, take out Ty and Whop and IU fields Miles Marshall, David Ellis, and Jacolby Hewitt. That's still a Big Ten caliber starting WR group. Plus they have Rashawn Williams and Javon Swinton right behind those three. Their top commit for 2021? Jaquez Smith, literally the highest rated recruit in program history. Losing Ty and Whop is going to suck big time, but I don't think it's going to lead to a dramatic decrease in WR play. 

^^Such a good post.^^

Jaquez Smith is a big deal at exactly the right time. He is the #201 ranked player nationally, and he chose IUFB over, among many, many others, Alabama. Ya think he's gonna de-commit from a top ten program with exceptional culture AND a chance for immediate playing time? Nope. Moreover he is playing high school ball at 6'1", 190; that's major program size from the get-go. 

Michael Penix is gonna continue to have a talented group to throw to, and we are doing exactly what it takes to succeed long-term; we are re-loading.

4 minutes ago, NRT137 said:

Is there any way, if OSU loses a big ten game this season, that IU could get to the Big Ten championship game? Or would this loss break the tie and give OSU the right?

You are correct- tie to Nuts for head-to-head win. They would have to lose 2x and IU win out. 

41 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

You are correct- tie to Nuts for head-to-head win. They would have to lose 2x and IU win out. 

Is this accurate? If they lose 1 and we win out, then we have the better record having played 1 more game than them. I think we would go to the title game in that scenario. 

Is this accurate? If they lose 1 and we win out, then we have the better record having played 1 more game than them. I think we would go to the title game in that scenario. 

This seems reasonable and oh boy I would love to see what would happen if this plays out. Highly doubt the Bucks drop a diff. conference game though.

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

With Ohio State's last three conference games against Illinois, Michigan State, and MSU, this seems like a moot point.

Don't know -- that back-to-back against Sparty might prove tougher than we think! 

(Sorry -- that was a pr-ck thing to do, but I couldn't help myself! And if I didn't do it, you know someone else would have...) 

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Don't know -- that back-to-back against Sparty might prove tougher than we think! 

(Sorry -- that was a pr-ck thing to do, but I couldn't help myself! And if I didn't do it, you know someone else would have...) 

I edited my post above just to make it the cheap shot look even worse! lol

PS: If you didn't do that some jerk named Stuhoo would have been the most likely poster to take that shot! :)