Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Game Thread: 11/21 @ OSU Noon ABC

Don't think you can really play the 'what if game'.  If so, then Ohio State can play the 'what if' Justin Fields doesn't just uncharacteristally throw a couple of passes up for grabs and 'what if' they basically just kick an extra point long field goal to go up 10 late in the game.  I am dumbfounded why they didn't.  Up 10 is as good as up 14 there.

24 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Don't think you can really play the 'what if game'.  If so, then Ohio State can play the 'what if' Justin Fields doesn't just uncharacteristally throw a couple of passes up for grabs and 'what if' they basically just kick an extra point long field goal to go up 10 late in the game.  I am dumbfounded why they didn't.  Up 10 is as good as up 14 there.

No need to play the what if game here. IU, IMO, was the better team on the field today. They came out wayyyy too overhyped. They had a bunch of uncharacteristic mistakes emblematic of the lack of experience in these kinds of games. OSU is very good and they dominated in parts, but mostly it was IU hurting itself. In the 4th quarter when OSU kept going run, run pass, you could tell they were just desperate to get out of this game alive. Nothing to be ashamed of here. This team is legit and I love them. 

Spent some time looking at an OSU forum and they are eating their own. It's really kind of funny because they are a legitimate national contender. Some posters gave us credit for being better than they thought we were but the majority were just critical of their team. Just the nature of fandom I guess. Great effort by the Hoosiers and with a little bump in recruiting, look out.

10 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Do you guys agree this is a great result.  I think this could help us get good recruits... am I wrong? I just think we showed the nation we have not only a great team but a good program.  

Everything today was a win for IUFB except the final outcome. Both Gameday and FOX’s Big Noon Kickoff had great pieces showing Coach Allen’s love for his players and enthusiasm for the program. The team took it to OSU til the very end and everyone is now talking about Penix. Need to build off this in recruiting. Feels like IU is the “it” program in the big ten behind OSU in appealing to recruits. Michigan, PSU, MSU, and Nebraska all very stale right now.

20 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Spent some time looking at an OSU forum and they are eating their own. It's really kind of funny because they are a legitimate national contender. Some posters gave us credit for being better than they thought we were but the majority were just critical of their team. Just the nature of fandom I guess. Great effort by the Hoosiers and with a little bump in recruiting, look out.

I'd be frustrated if I were them. IU receivers running open at will. Fields under duress all game. Turtle shell play calling in the 4th quarter that screamed, "just get us out of this game alive". There's certainly a lot that, to IUs credit, did not go well for the Buckeyes today. 

I don't think there is a way they can drop out of the top 10 even with the loss

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

I’m not sure they’ll stay in the top 10. Oregon barely beat UCLA but they’ll need to get Oregon in the top 10 because brand. Wiscy lost so they’ll drop too. I’m thinking right around 12. Just need to keep winning. Think we can beat purdoodoo and Maryland. If we play the way we did without the costly errors we can beat Wiscy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I know at this point, it's crying over spilt milk -- but at 4 seconds in, pay attention to the left hash and what No.75 does to James Miller (No. 8 for us) at about the 39-yard line. Also, at 7 seconds in, No. 89 has a handful of Bryant Fitzgerald's jersey (No.31). He wasn't gonna catch him, but that's still against the rules!

That's seven points OSU shouldn't have! 

1 hour ago, Magnanimous said:

Everything today was a win for IUFB except the final outcome. Both Gameday and FOX’s Big Noon Kickoff had great pieces showing Coach Allen’s love for his players and enthusiasm for the program. The team took it to OSU til the very end and everyone is now talking about Penix. Need to build off this in recruiting. Feels like IU is the “it” program in the big ten behind OSU in appealing to recruits. Michigan, PSU, MSU, and Nebraska all very stale right now.

We discussed this a few years ago on this board regarding IU's position in the east.  If we can capitalize on this season with a step up in recruiting we have a chance to be a constant in that upper-middle tier of the Big Ten East division.  With psu, um, and msu being doing, there is a huge opportunity for us to fill that void.  Consistently being in the 2-4 range of the east would be a huge accomplishment for this program.

We discussed this a few years ago on this board regarding IU's position in the east.  If we can capitalize on this season with a step up in recruiting we have a chance to be a constant in that upper-middle tier of the Big Ten East division.  With psu, um, and msu being doing, there is a huge opportunity for us to fill that void.  Consistently being in the 2-4 range of the east would be a huge accomplishment for this program.
Next year might be hard losing ty and whop

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I’m not sure they’ll stay in the top 10. Oregon barely beat UCLA but they’ll need to get Oregon in the top 10 because brand. Wiscy lost so they’ll drop too. I’m thinking right around 12. Just need to keep winning. Think we can beat purdoodoo and Maryland. If we play the way we did without the costly errors we can beat Wiscy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Dropped two spots to 12 in the coaches poll.  About what I expected with the need to get Oregon closer to the top 10.  A bit surprised to see Georgia move up with two losses and a not great win at home to Mississippi State.  Keep winning and we can get back in the top 10!