Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

After IU 's win vs Michigan State and a look ahead to OSU

Would anyone believe that out of these teams:

IU

Penn State

Rutgers

Michigan

Michigan State

That one team is 4-0 and that team is IU

The other 4 teams have a combined total wins of 3 TOTAL (could be 4 if Rutgers holds on to beat Illinois)

IU has beaten Penn State, Michigan and Michigan State in the same season.

IU is Ranked in the Top 10

Penn State is 0-4 after starting the season Ranked

Michigan fell out of the rankings after starting the season Ranked

Michigan State fell out of the rankings after starting the season Ranked (I think, if I remember correctly)

All of this will very few fans in the stands to enjoy the best season of IU football in my adult lifetime.

After beating these teams we will truely see how good this team is when we finally play a legitimate Big Ten team next week in Ohio State University.

We’ve been playing legitimate Big Ten teams. They may suck this year, but let’s not short change what beating Michigan or Penn State any year means. Worse IU teams have hung with better OSU teams. It’s going to be a challenge and a half, but this team will be ready. Should be a fun week leading up to it. I can’t say if there was ever a team to beat OSU it would be this team, but if there was ever a coach to beat OSU it would be Coach Allen. LEO!

2 hours ago, Magnanimous said:

We’ve been playing legitimate Big Ten teams. They may suck this year, but let’s not short change what beating Michigan or Penn State any year means. Worse IU teams have hung with better OSU teams. It’s going to be a challenge and a half, but this team will be ready. Should be a fun week leading up to it. I can’t say if there was ever a team to beat OSU it would be this team, but if there was ever a coach to beat OSU it would be Coach Allen. LEO!

I guess I should have said legitimate Big Ten contenders then as PSU is 0-4 and Michigan State is 1-3 and Michigan 1-2 and could easily be 1-3 after facing Wisconsin tonight. I wouldn’t call these teams legitimate contenders as we see the season unfolding. 

5 hours ago, Josh said:

I posted very negatively about Michael Penix in the Penn State game thread.  Since the 4th quarter of that game, he's played extremely well.  Much respect Penix!

Let's beat Ohio State!!!

You were negative about Penix for no reason, your profile pic is ungodly ridiculous, and your back drop picture is of a former player who couldn't guard a middle schooler. Shew. 

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You were negative about Penix for no reason, your profile pic is ungodly ridiculous, and your back drop picture is of a former player who couldn't guard a middle schooler. Shew. 

Seems.......like not very nice things to say.

LEO

EDIT: No Jimmy Buckets slander plz new BtownBanners rule.

10 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Seems.......like not very nice things to say.

LEO

EDIT: No Jimmy Buckets slander plz new BtownBanners rule.

Fair. 

But who is Jimmy Buckets? Lol and I'm not wrong about my opinion on the Archie pic. 

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Fair. 

But who is Jimmy Buckets? Lol and I'm not wrong about my opinion on the Archie pic. 

Archie pic is a tad extreme but let’s let Josh live his life. Jimmy Buckets is the good version of James Blackmon Jr. who is Josh’s header picture/secretly one of the better players of the Crean tenure who will not be slandered, although he could’ve been better defensively. 

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Archie pic is a tad extreme but let’s let Josh live his life. Jimmy Buckets is the good version of James Blackmon Jr. who is Josh’s header picture/secretly one of the better players of the Crean tenure who will not be slandered, although he could’ve been better defensively. 

I mean he was ok. Good person for sure, great family. Had no interest in guarding anyone or blocking out. Unfortunate.  

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I mean he was ok. Good person for sure, great family. Had no interest in guarding anyone or blocking out. Unfortunate.  

I thought he was an exceptional rebounder as a guard. Always stood out to me as his 2nd best attribute behind his shooting. Again, defense could’ve been better, but that rarely seemed like a priority from the top down. 

11 hours ago, btownqb said:

For no reason?  He (and the whole offense) was really bad for the first 3 quarters against Penn State.  It turns out they were just settling in, it wasn't a harbinger of how he would play the whole season.  So I apologized. 

That picture of James Blackman is awesome!  It's from our game against UNC where we opened up a huge lead at the start of the game en route to victory.  Jimmy was on fire to put them away early.  Good times.

5 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

We're playing at noon Saturday. Was that always the way it was scheduled? ... I figured we'd get moved to prime time! 

Its been for a couple weeks. Noon is FOX's primary time slot. 

I posted very negatively about Michael Penix in the Penn State game thread.  Since the 4th quarter of that game, he's played extremely well.  Much respect Penix!
Let's beat Ohio State!!!

I think Penix has been playing great and facilitating a lot of good things on offense; however, lately he’s had a major issue making throws off his back foot and relying on arm strength. He made the mistake at least twice against Michigan and got away with it (I think) and was punished with an interception against MSU after launching another poor throw off his back foot.

If this is an issue I’ve been able to recognize and grow frustrated with, I think Coach Sheridan will have him locked in this week. Couple that offensive improvement this week with an already stout defense and I see no reason why these guys can’t run with the Bucks.

Will be exciting either way! Go Hoosiers

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

#9 Indiana visits #3 Ohio State as 21 POINT UNDERDOGS?!?! The disrespect. This should bring even more fuel to our Hoosiers for this coming weekend!
It's a large spread but not completely outrageous. I'd say 18

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk