Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Game Thread: 11/7 vs Michigan Noon FS1

1 hour ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Don’t look now but we are 3 and 0!!!!!!!!!

This ain’t your childhood IU team!!  Other IU teams would have folded like a house of cards early on. These guys have heart!!! It certainly wasn’t perfect, but I will relish in what appears to be the best IUFB team I’ve seen in my 30 years of watching IUFB. 

I second that and raise you about 20 years. Love this team. Maybe the most complete team on both sides of the ball that I can remember.

What’s the rank after this week? Georgia has to fall pretty far right? Wiscy falls after not playing for a few weeks too? Can we break into the top 10?!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
Honestly I do not see much if any movement. Break top 10? Who falls out of top 10? Only top 10 to lose was GA who lost to another top 10 team. Now one of ND and Clem will lose but same scenario as GA. So maybe 12 but I'd guess idle.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Honestly I do not see much if any movement. Break top 10? Who falls out of top 10? Only top 10 to lose was GA who lost to another top 10 team. Now one of ND and Clem will lose but same scenario as GA. So maybe 12 but I'd guess idle.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Isn’t that Georgia’s second loss? I’d imagine Wiscy has to drop with not playing for two weeks too. The last spot I’m not sure though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Watching those videos shows two things
1) this teams has character and some characters
2) this team loves each other and their coach

Man would it be awesome to watch IU become a steady top half of the Big Ten east program.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agree with you 110%....Another real big thing that sticks out to me is the swagger this bunch has. It is really exciting and fun to watch!

Lastly, we finally have a little depth as well. For example, Last weekend seeing MP hobble a little bit in the second half. I started to worry but not for long. Bc we actually have a pretty damn good backup qb as well.

3 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

Agree with you 110%....Another real big thing that sticks out to me is the swagger this bunch has. It is really exciting and fun to watch!

Lastly, we finally have a little depth as well. For example, Last weekend seeing MP hobble a little bit in the second half. I started to worry but not for long. Bc we actually have a pretty damn good backup qb as well.

We do? I would like to see Tuttle play well once before I can get on board with that.

14 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

He was ranked highly, at least. Who knows what he's like as a college quarterback. He's thrown 11 in-game passes in three years since high school. 

1 hour ago, yogisballin said:

Agree with you from a “big picture” perspective. Back in the day having J. Johnson thrown out or losing a starting DL, OL, RB, LB might have been fatal. Our depth now allows us to overcome those challenges.  When it comes to QB however......Tuttle might be the “real deal” but I would have been nervous as hell to have him debut in the UM game.  Penix is the one guy I think that we absolutely cannot afford to lose.  Would be nice if we happen to run up the score against someone so that Tuttle could get some reps.