Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - PF Tarris Reed Jr. to Michigan

3 hours ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Really? A 6’11 highly rated center just committed there. If he still does thats crazy 

He was considered an OSU lean but that was a couple weeks ago and thinks have apparently changed.

Reed is an interesting case. Thought he was a kid Mizzou would go after hard and they just didn’t. I don’t know of any occasion where Martin watched him. Maybe Reed waved them off.  But I can’t figure out why Cuonzo hasn’t made locking down St Louis his #1 priority. There is great high end talent here and yet he tends to prefer the more under the radar kids. Weird that the #1 program in the state isn’t a presence with the best kids. And Reed’s a really good prospect.

4 hours ago, Demo said:

Reed is an interesting case. Thought he was a kid Mizzou would go after hard and they just didn’t. I don’t know of any occasion where Martin watched him. Maybe Reed waved them off.  But I can’t figure out why Cuonzo hasn’t made locking down St Louis his #1 priority. There is great high end talent here and yet he tends to prefer the more under the radar kids. Weird that the #1 program in the state isn’t a presence with the best kids. And Reed’s a really good prospect.

It's the Purdue way! Take the less talented, try hard kids that are just good enough to lose in the sweet 16 :) 

24 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Anyone else ready for Howard to take an NBA job yet? Would love for our recruiting to get anywhere near their recent level.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Been ready. I wish him the best literally anywhere but in the B1G. 

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Committing today. It sounds like he's headed to Michigan. 

Underrated kid. Howard just keeps on punchin’.

Just now, Demo said:

Underrated kid. Howard just keeps on punchin’.

If Woody shows his style translates to wins. I have a feeling Michigan and IU will be at the top of the B1G in recruiting moving forward due to the offensive style that recruits want to play. 

11 hours ago, ap2345 said:

If Woody shows his style translates to wins. I have a feeling Michigan and IU will be at the top of the B1G in recruiting moving forward due to the offensive style that recruits want to play. 

Yeah most years it’s already those two and MSU, with occasional interlopers

11 hours ago, lillurk said:

Yeah most years it’s already those two and MSU, with occasional interlopers

IU has been top 3 in the B1G recruiting rankings about every other year for the last 6 years or so. That's a problem when there is no consistency. That's what I think Woody can help to change if recruits like what they are seeing on the court. 

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

IU has been top 3 in the B1G recruiting rankings about every other year for the last 6 years or so. That's a problem when there is no consistency. That's what I think Woody can help to change if recruits like what they are seeing on the court. 

Banks is a good start but we need Clowney IMO.