Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - PF Tarris Reed Jr. to Michigan

Chaminade (8-1) defeated DeSmet (7-4) 56 - 51.  Reed put on quite a show with 23 points; 19 reb; 2 blks; 5 TO.  I scored him as 10-16 on 2s; 0-1 on 3s and 3-5 on FT.  The more games I've seen him play, I'm noticing he seems to have trouble holding on to the ball when receiving passes or grabbing rebounds but if only TJD had his baseline turnaround jumper.

Game story mostly focused on Reed's performance.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/high-school/boys-basketball/reed-displays-new-weapon-to-help-chaminade-knock-off-de-smet/article_a2e5f482-5ad6-11eb-9e27-83617bd8b254.html#tracking-source=in-article

I learned last night that Missouri high school basketball uses a running clock anytime in the second half the score differential reaches 40 points and remains a running clock even if the margin subsequently falls below 40.

In the 3rd Q, Chaminade did that to Trinity and went on to record a 77-35 win.  Reed played less than 20 minutes total scoring 23 points on 11-14 FG; 0-1 on 3s; 1-1 FT;  8 reb; 2 stls; 2 blk; 2 TO.   He made 11 2-pointers, 9 of which were dunks.   Trinity had no one who could match  up with him.

Ship has likely sailed on Reed.  This is the third recruiting summary on him since late 2020 from three different authors and no mention of IU in any of the 3.

https://247sports.com/Article/Basketball-recruiting-Michigan-State-Iowa-Ohio-State-Nebraska-Kansas-State-Tarris-Reed-161055941/

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Ship has likely sailed on Reed.  This is the third recruiting summary on him since late 2020 from three different authors and no mention of IU in any of the 3.

https://247sports.com/Article/Basketball-recruiting-Michigan-State-Iowa-Ohio-State-Nebraska-Kansas-State-Tarris-Reed-161055941/

Yessir. When he's still mentioning Nebraska but not IU, he is no longer an IU recruit.

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Yessir. When he's still mentioning Nebraska but not IU, he is no longer an IU recruit.

That's a bummer, I feel like we really need a PF in the 2022 class after the recent misses at that position.  I thought Reed would be a good fit to backfill that need and that we would have pursued him harder.

Per 247 our only other PF offers in the 2022 class are AJ Casey and Jalen Washington, both 5-stars.  Not sure where we stand on those or how realistic those options are.

After IU not having been mentioned in a couple of recent recruiting updates, we're apparently back in the mix per Stockrisers.  Stats for Reed aren't readily available and the last I saw is he averaged 20.5 ppg and 11.3 rpg for this past season.  

Which schools remain heavily in the mix?

“Ohio State, Michigan State, Iowa, Mizzou, and Indiana.”

https://stockrisers.com/s/317/top-60-junior-tarris-reed-jr-updates-his-recruitment

Jamie Shaw on the CP3 Memorial Day Classic and considered Reed the biggest stock riser of the weekend. -

Reed comes on the floor with a strong frame and long arms. This weekend he showed versatility on the offensive end of the floor. With range off the catch extending beyond the arc, he showed a go-to move over his left shoulder to go with pick and pop ability from 18-feet. Reed has strong arms and great touch and is a good area rebounder. He will visit Michigan State on June 1 and Purdue on June 7.

Questionable as to how much effort we're still putting into recruiting Reed which IMO is pretty minimal if any but he does have an IU offer.  He announced today he's leaving Chaminade HS in St. Louis and transferring to Link Year Academy in Branson, MO.  The rumors are totally unfounded that he'll also be working part time at Dolly Parton's Stampede Dinner and Show venue in Branson.