Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
IUc2016

IUFB 20-21 Season Projections/Discussion

So, the season starts in two days and I figure it would be a good time to get some chatter going regarding the predictions for this season. While it is a unique season and schedule, there are major opportunities for this program to keep moving forward and rising within the conference. The team has the experience and talent across the board to compete with everyone sans OSU. 

I predict 4-4. I would like to see IU pick off two of PSU, UM, UW and win out the rest. But will be okay if IU wins only one of the games against those three teams. Zero wins against them will be a disappointment. Also beat Purdue.

A few things I will be watching for: Can Penix Stay healthy? Does the Defensive line improve? Does the offense take a step back w/o DeBoer? and does this team (including coaches) clean up the dumb mistakes that have plagued them the last few seasons?

What are your predictions and hopes for this season? What will you be watching for other than straight wins and losses?

This year is the year--we won eight games last year, and all of the key players are back for one more round before they graduate.

Our offense is elite. Penix, Scott, Hendershot, Philyor, a reasonably experienced O line.

Our defense is young, but not as young as last year. We have real talent, especially in the secondary.

Our schedule is very difficult, but I kinda like the home/road split.

We will beat Penn St. this weekend.

We will be a ranked team.

6-2.

(disclaimer--if we get curb-stomped by Penn St. I reserve the right to retract this entire prediction lol)

I should say that 4-4 is the minimum for me. And given IU's history it is what I expect.

But if that is the case I do expect IU to win the crossover game and/or the bowl game. Anything less would be a disappointment, 4-6 would not be a step forward. 5-5 would be mediocre but understandable given the difficulty of the schedule. 

On 10/22/2020 at 10:19 AM, IUc2016 said:

So, the season starts in two days and I figure it would be a good time to get some chatter going regarding the predictions for this season. While it is a unique season and schedule, there are major opportunities for this program to keep moving forward and rising within the conference. The team has the experience and talent across the board to compete with everyone sans OSU. 

I predict 4-4. I would like to see IU pick off two of PSU, UM, UW and win out the rest. But will be okay if IU wins only one of the games against those three teams. Zero wins against them will be a disappointment. Also beat Purdue.

A few things I will be watching for: Can Penix Stay healthy? Does the Defensive line improve? Does the offense take a step back w/o DeBoer? and does this team (including coaches) clean up the dumb mistakes that have plagued them the last few seasons?

What are your predictions and hopes for this season? What will you be watching for other than straight wins and losses?

Well IU is now 1-0. They have beaten 1 of the BIG powers in PSU. I said I would like to see them go 2-1 against PSU, UM, and UM, but would be okay with 1 win. Looks like they did the minimum now lets see if Tom Allen can really put the rest of the BIG in fear and knock off another ranked team this year while beating everyone they should. 

Still say 4-4 is okay. But now I really want to go 5-3!

GO HOOSIERS

21 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Well IU is now 1-0. They have beaten 1 of the BIG powers in PSU. I said I would like to see them go 2-1 against PSU, UM, and UM, but would be okay with 1 win. Looks like they did the minimum now lets see if Tom Allen can really put the rest of the BIG in fear and knock off another ranked team this year while beating everyone they should. 

Still say 4-4 is okay. But now I really want to go 5-3!

GO HOOSIERS

Boy are you gonna look silly when we're 8-0 heading into the champ game against Peyton Ramsey.