Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - PF Tyler Nickel to North Carolina

In AAU action today, Nickel's Team Loaded defeated Julian Phillips' Upward Stars 51-50.  Nickel led Loaded with 16; Phillips with 14 for Upward.

6’5 2022 Tyler Nickel (TeamLoadedBBall) has been absolutely everywhere for them today. Chase down blocks, deep 3s, and running the floor in transition. Produces every time he laces them up.

46 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Indiana:  “Indiana, regardless of off year or not, basketball is like God there.  They have a basketball rich history and they way they play is up and down. Their new staff contacted me shortly after they were hired and have been in consistent contact since.”

“I am probably going to commit on September 5, my birthday.

Full story at:  https://indiana.rivals.com/news/tyler-nickel-planning-a-september-decision?fbclid=IwAR1je-gf1DRKuuiS8WaLNYVbKA93XfLRwsp3Pc5GrWHykNVE0llL-0pbXbU

My birthday is September 6th s might of commit to IU

Seems like IU is in the mix for a lot of talent in the years ahead. We could be really good going forward. I don't know how CMW could have assembled a better staff. Connections all over the place. I know, results are all that matter.

Bossi from this weekend's Exposure Breakout in Georgia -

Four-star wing Tyler Nickel of Team Loaded VA is a lot of fun to watch. He’s got toughness, skill and loads of confidence. He hits timely jumpers and isn’t afraid to plow through contact for a conversion at the rim. He’ll decide early in his senior year and mentioned Virginia Tech, NC State, LSU and Iowa among those making an impression.

Dushawn London on day 2 at Southern JamFest:  First time seeing 2022 four-star Tyler Nickel. The 6-foot-7 forward at Elkton (Va.) East Rockingham showcased his shooting, especially off the dribble and emerged as one of the top scoring options for a stacked Team Loaded. While nothing is locked in, Nickel has plans to do visits in the fall between Virginia Tech, NC State, Iowa, Butler, West Virginia, and UNC as of now.

Seems we're out of the picture for Nickel.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Dushawn London on day 2 at Southern JamFest:  First time seeing 2022 four-star Tyler Nickel. The 6-foot-7 forward at Elkton (Va.) East Rockingham showcased his shooting, especially off the dribble and emerged as one of the top scoring options for a stacked Team Loaded. While nothing is locked in, Nickel has plans to do visits in the fall between Virginia Tech, NC State, Iowa, Butler, West Virginia, and UNC as of now.

Seems we're out of the picture for Nickel.

Yup.

Banks and Taylor have serious IU interest and fill the same role. That’s where our attentions lie.

Karaban may be a lesser interest going forward too.