Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Game Thread: 10/24 vs PSU 3:30 FS1

Draft kings is refunding Penn State bettors who gets the money line (Penn State to win, no point spread) in the form of credits.

i know it’s just a money play by draft kings — it was refunded in credits which people will mostly automatically lose that and more — but get real.  It was a play where “I don’t think” can’t overturn a call on the field.  Also surprised at how so many Penn State students and grads don’t understand what a non-right angle is.

13 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Draft kings is refunding Penn State bettors who gets the money line (Penn State to win, no point spread) in the form of credits.

i know it’s just a money play by draft kings — it was refunded in credits which people will mostly automatically lose that and more — but get real.  It was a play where “I don’t think” can’t overturn a call on the field.  Also surprised at how so many Penn State students and grads don’t understand what a non-right angle is.

BRUMMMMMMM. I was goin nuts over on the OHB! Was that game not the most insane thing you've ever seen? I, frankly, was shocked they didn't overturn it just because Indiana has never gotten that kind of replay in their favor.

2 hours ago, dreachon said:

BRUMMMMMMM. I was goin nuts over on the OHB! Was that game not the most insane thing you've ever seen? I, frankly, was shocked they didn't overturn it just because Indiana has never gotten that kind of replay in their favor.

Hey...welcome to the board dreachon!

We look forward to you as a new regular poster.

I haven't been able to post about the game so I thought I would share some of my thoughts:

1. The defensive line didn't get a whole lot of pressure on Clifford but man they really held their own against PSU's straight forward run game despite the T.O.P. I kept waiting for one of their backs to break one off tackle for 50+ yards like in years past after IU gets worn down in the second half but it never happened. Great to see. 

2. DB's gave up one big play that can't happen in a game like that, but played an awesome game altogether. Jamar Johnson and Devon Matthews really stood out to me as both made tremendous plays throughout the game in both run and pass coverage. 

3. Penix really struggled to get his feet set and make routine throws. Always looked like he was uncomfortable and never looked to run despite ample opportunity (until the end!). Hopefully as the season goes on the rust will wear off. I know the Ramsey vs. Penix crowds will continue to go at each other all throughout this season no matter what, just sets up that way. Although nobody can argue that Penix was clutch at the end and a huge reason IU came back to win it. 

4. Play calling, not much to say other than I was not impressed.  Hope PSU had more to do with the struggles of the offense than anything else. 

GO HOOSIERS! BEAT RUTGERS!

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Does anyone else watch the replay of the 2 point conversion and still expect Penix's knee to hit the ground before the ball reaches the pylon? 

When I watch the replay, I double-check, triple-check and quadruple-check to make sure the ref didn't really come back and say, "Upon further review, we have a reversal -- the conversion is no good." 

Not because I believe that's the case, but because of our crappy history with replay reviews. 

I laugh because on the B1G Network's Facebook page, there are hundreds of comments -- saying there's no way it was good, or that it clearly was good. After seeing the replay a few times and having a couple days to think about it -- I still have no idea. And I'd be perfectly fine with admitting it was no good if that's what I thought. To me, it's just one of those instances in which it truly is too close to call. 

13 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Anyone else surprised to see Rashawn Williams not get in the game? I would have expected him to be ahead of Swinton on the depth chart and haven’t heard his name really at all coming into Saturday’s game. 

Considering they are both freshman in their first games after limited practice and no out of conference warm up games, this could be less of a depth chart issue and more of learning curve issue. In other words, it's possible these guys have really only learned their own routes so far. So if Swinton was studying Fryfogle's role in the offense and Williams is studying Whop's role, then it would just make more sense for Swinton to fill in after Fryfogle went out since he is the one who knows the routes. Or maybe that's all hogwash and Williams was just dealing with a minor injury. Or maybe Swinton is just better. There's a lot of potential explanations, but the moral of the story is the same. I wouldn't read too much into it and also IU has some great depth at WR now. Hewitt's catch was legit amazing and remember neither of these might have seen the field if David Ellis hasn't sat out the game with injury. The roster this staff has built is really impressive. 

3 hours ago, dreachon said:

Considering they are both freshman in their first games after limited practice and no out of conference warm up games, this could be less of a depth chart issue and more of learning curve issue. In other words, it's possible these guys have really only learned their own routes so far. So if Swinton was studying Fryfogle's role in the offense and Williams is studying Whop's role, then it would just make more sense for Swinton to fill in after Fryfogle went out since he is the one who knows the routes. Or maybe that's all hogwash and Williams was just dealing with a minor injury. Or maybe Swinton is just better. There's a lot of potential explanations, but the moral of the story is the same. I wouldn't read too much into it and also IU has some great depth at WR now. Hewitt's catch was legit amazing and remember neither of these might have seen the field if David Ellis hasn't sat out the game with injury. The roster this staff has built is really impressive. 

I see your point but RW is the highest rated recruit in IU history. I expected him, based on that and the limited game film available, to be opposite Fryfolge and be a guy who can get separation and open up the field for Ty and Whop. If he’s not already that level of talent that would be quite the disappointment. 
Getting separation was our biggest struggle Saturday so hopefully that was more to do with Penn St’s talent in the secondary and less on our WRs ability. Hewitt’s catch was insane so I’ll be looking to see what kind of separation he can get this weekend assuming he gets the nod. Not sure of Marshall’s status. Lots of talent, now the question is: who’s gonna break out?

On 10/26/2020 at 9:07 AM, Stuhoo said:

Hey...welcome to the board dreachon!

We look forward to you as a new regular poster.

dreach is good people.  He and I were posting on the old ESPN board and moved to another Hoosier board after the ESPN ones collapsed.  I think we've been posting together for 15 years.

dreach is good people.  He and I were posting on the old ESPN board and moved to another Hoosier board after the ESPN ones collapsed.  I think we've been posting together for 15 years.

Looks like he’s got some catching up to do to pull even with your post count lol! Alway exciting to get new knowledgeable posters here!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app