Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

ACC Coaches to propose that all D1 teams make 2021 NCAA Tournament

4 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Heck, Archie Miller would probably be thinking "pressure's off, we're finally dancing!" 

I mean depending on our seed you would theoretically know whether we would have made the normal field or not. So I don't think pressure would be off. 

It would be a nine round tournament instead of the current six round tournament. First round game for a top 20 team would be a Chicago St type matchup. Second round would be an average mid major. After that it would get real in a hurry.

Would eliminate conference tournaments and give more props to conference champions.

Will I be ducking rotten tomatoes here if I say I kinda like the idea? Lol

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

It would be a nine round tournament instead of the current six round tournament. First round game for a top 20 team would be a Chicago St type matchup. Second round would be an average mid major. After that it would get real in a hurry.

Would eliminate conference tournaments and give more props to conference champions.

Will I be ducking rotten tomatoes here if I say I kinda like the idea? Lol

To get from 353 to 256, about the bottom 200 teams would be in the 1st round. The 1st game for a top team would be in the 2nd round vs teams in the 230-275 range. Per last years KP, 1 Kansas would play either 256 UMBC(awesome) or 257 VMI. I'm sure the tournament would be regionalized as well so there'd be 8 regions of 40-something schools and IU's 1st opponent would be a bad MAC or MVC team rather than a random 250-300 school from California.

3 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

To get from 353 to 256, about the bottom 200 teams would be in the 1st round. The 1st game for a top team would be in the 2nd round vs teams in the 230-275 range. Per last years KP, 1 Kansas would play either 256 UMBC(awesome) or 257 VMI. I'm sure the tournament would be regionalized as well so there'd be 8 regions of 40-something schools and IU's 1st opponent would be a bad MAC or MVC team rather than a random 250-300 school from California.

I hereby award you an honorary degree to Purdoo. Nice work, math-ey-guy!

So whaddya think? I know I'm reminiscing for bygone days, but I loved the regular season conference champion as a primo goal. This new model would be a whole lot like Indiana high school ball until fairly recently. Throw em all in the mix and may the best team win.

I hereby award you an honorary degree to Purdoo. Nice work, math-ey-guy!
So whaddya think? I know I'm reminiscing for bygone days, but I loved the regular season conference champion as a primo goal. This new model would be a whole lot like Indiana high school ball until fairly recently. Throw em all in the mix and may the best team win.

I like it as a stand alone idea. However, It severely devalues each and every regular season game and it would have a big impact on some of the fun along the way. Including bubble watch type games, selection show and the like.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It would honestly be pretty cool. The amount of upsets, the amount of small schools that could get some attention. It'd only be a one year thing. It's whatever. Play 20 regular season games or whatever and play that.

This is kinda my opinion. If it provides for more sports during this sucky time I am okay with it. 

I get the argument that it takes away from the regular season, and I agree with it in a normal year. But for this year since it is so unpredictable how many games each team will play I feel like the regular season is kind of a wash anyway. Just use the regular season for seeding and conference titles.