Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - C Favour Aire to Miami

9 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

All these offers.  This is starting to become a job.   lol

6'11" (reported 7'4" wingspan)  4-star Favour Aire attends Bishop McNamara HS in District Hts., MD.  Good background on him at TheDailyHoosier link below.  Didn't see anything on Hudl or anything worthwhile on MaxPreps for hiim.

Rivals

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-hoosiers-offer-class-of-2022-top-100-big-man-favour-aire/?fbclid=IwAR0x41lIb6NEe3v5PDPWQfkdE3W7oSwl6Fx1CXUyHx6RRfdkryjJwc4ESCI

Kenya is keeping you and me busy.  Thanks as always for sharing.

42 minutes ago, Mike Schumann said:

Aire is hearing from several high major programs.  He named Maryland, Louisville, Georgia, LSU and Georgetown as some of the other schools that he hears from regularly right now.  Those programs and other high majors have also offered scholarships.”

That’s an eclectic group.  

“Aire is hearing from several high major programs.  He named Maryland, Louisville, Georgia, LSU and Georgetown as some of the other schools that he hears from regularly right now.  Those programs and other high majors have also offered scholarships.”
That’s an eclectic group.  

Quite the “pay to play” group... maybe excluding Georgetown.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

With luck, Aire's Bishop McNamara HS and DeMatha HS (Rodney Rice) may get their seasons underway within the next few weeks.  Both schools are members of the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference (WCAC) which consists of 13 schools located in MD, VA and D.C. and further divided into 17 sub-jurisdictions depending upon the exact location of the school.  Normally schools would have a 28-game schedule.  This year, they will be limited to conference games only and play a maximum of 15-games subject to compliance with all virus protocols in effect in the location where the games will be played.  Provided a school has completed 12 practices, league play may commence as early as next week although I've yet to see any schedule for either school.  

Season opener last night for Aire (pronounced I-ray) and Bishop McNamara and it was a bummer as they were manhandled 104 - 73 by Paul VI.  Aire finished with 17 pts. on 7-11 FG; 3-7 FT; 8 reb; 2 stls; 5 blks; 1 TO.

He has a slender build just slightly bigger than Edey at PUke.  Ran the floor very well but had trouble hanging on to the ball and finishing at the rim.  Should have had a lot more rebounds but allowed himself to get boxed out too many times.

Playing just its 3rd game of the season Bishop McNamara (1-2) defeated Good Counsel 91-84 in overtime.   Aire with 20 pts. on 10-13 FG; 6 reb; 3 stls; 1 blk; 1 TO.  He picked up 2 early fouls and only played 10 minutes of the first half (20 min. halves).  In the 2nd half, he sat out another 10 minutes but no idea why as he wasn't in foul trouble.  He scored 4 quick points in the OT but sat out the last 1:30 of OT.  Most of his points were layups or putbacks but he did have a couple of 8' jump shots as well.  I noticed the same things in this game as I mentioned in the post above.  He runs the court well but allows himself to get boxed out.  He looked to be the tallest player for either team and still only got 6 rebounds.

Game was broadcast via Zoom with no play-by-play and a single camera aimed diagonally down the court.  You couldn't see any official scoring table and when players subbed in, they simply went and stood at mid-court waiting for a break in the action.  Been interesting seeing the different COVID protocols from state to state.  This game was played in Maryland and everyone was masked at all times.  Team benches were on opposite sides of the court and coaches could roam the entire length of the court.  Approximately each 5 minutes of the game and at every timeout, balls were swapped and presumably sanitized.  

On the 12th, Bishop McNamara defeated a team from Forestville, MD.  Aire with 19 pts. and 20 reb.

On the 13th, BMn topped St. John's 79-75.  Aire with 12 pts. and 6 blk.

Because of the virus, BMn only played an 8 game season and statistics are incomplete for Aire.  For 6 games that I've found, he averaged 16.8 ppg; for 5 games he averaged 14 rpg.

Bossi from this weekend's Exposure Breakout in Georgia -

A top 60 ranked four-star big man, 6-foot-10 Favour Aire of New World was very impressive. The big man is starting to fill out, has great length, protects the rim and is an above average rebounder who goes and grabs balls off the rim at the highest point with two hands. He can really run the floor and is starting to expand his offense well beyond dunks and putbacks. Connecticut, Georgetown, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Seton Hall and Virginia Tech are among those who have already offered.

NOTE:  No mention of IU, but Archie extended an offer in September 2020.  With Archie gone, our interest in Aire may be gone as well.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

NOTE:  No mention of IU, but Archie extended an offer in September 2020.  With Archie gone, our interest in Aire may be gone as well.

It only takes an hour to prove how little I know so I really need to start keeping my mouth shut.

From Jamie Shaw at Rivals -

Favour Aire, a four-star prospect who is ranked No. 55 in the 2022 Rivals150, is playing travel ball with New World on the 3SSB circuit. He holds more than 10 offers, but there are already a few programs that are standing out above the rest.

“I am mostly hearing from Indiana, USC, Maryland, Rutgers and Seton Hall.”

IN HIS OWN WORDS

USC: “They play a lot with their big men. I mean over the past four years they have put all their big guys in the league. They are a school that focuses greatly on their bigs, that is what really attracts me to the school.”

Maryland: “I am from Maryland; I have been to like two or so bigs now. They play through their bigs and let them stretch the floor a little bit. They know how to use their bigs a lot. They had 'Sticks' (Jalen Smith) who went to the league last year.”

Seton Hall: “They had a big man who won the Kareem Abdul Jabbar award a couple of years back. I know that when they have a talented big, they know how to use him and play through him.”

Indiana: “They have Trayce Jackson-Davis right now, a good big. They know how to use their bigs and have success. I have not talked to the new head coach yet, but the assistant who is recruiting me has been in touch.”

Rutgers: “They are a school who has a good big there now, while he stretches the floor a little and isn’t a true big man, they know how to play inside-out.

“Michigan is really the only school who has not offered me and is talking to me consistently.”

WHAT'S NEXT?

“Right now I don’t really have a time frame, but I am looking for a school that is really into development of the bigs. I can hold my own at any level right now, but I know I still have work to do to take me to that next level. I need to go to a place that will get me stronger, that will help me stretch the floor a little, that will get my feet right in the post just help me get to the league and look like a modern big man.”

40 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

It only takes an hour to prove how little I know so I really need to start keeping my mouth shut.

From Jamie Shaw at Rivals -

Favour Aire, a four-star prospect who is ranked No. 55 in the 2022 Rivals150, is playing travel ball with New World on the 3SSB circuit. He holds more than 10 offers, but there are already a few programs that are standing out above the rest.

“I am mostly hearing from Indiana, USC, Maryland, Rutgers and Seton Hall.”

IN HIS OWN WORDS

USC: “They play a lot with their big men. I mean over the past four years they have put all their big guys in the league. They are a school that focuses greatly on their bigs, that is what really attracts me to the school.”

Maryland: “I am from Maryland; I have been to like two or so bigs now. They play through their bigs and let them stretch the floor a little bit. They know how to use their bigs a lot. They had 'Sticks' (Jalen Smith) who went to the league last year.”

Seton Hall: “They had a big man who won the Kareem Abdul Jabbar award a couple of years back. I know that when they have a talented big, they know how to use him and play through him.”

Indiana: “They have Trayce Jackson-Davis right now, a good big. They know how to use their bigs and have success. I have not talked to the new head coach yet, but the assistant who is recruiting me has been in touch.”

Rutgers: “They are a school who has a good big there now, while he stretches the floor a little and isn’t a true big man, they know how to play inside-out.

“Michigan is really the only school who has not offered me and is talking to me consistently.”

WHAT'S NEXT?

“Right now I don’t really have a time frame, but I am looking for a school that is really into development of the bigs. I can hold my own at any level right now, but I know I still have work to do to take me to that next level. I need to go to a place that will get me stronger, that will help me stretch the floor a little, that will get my feet right in the post just help me get to the league and look like a modern big man.”

Kenya Hunter has been focusing on him quite a bit.