Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - CG Jalen Hood-Schifino to INDIANA

13 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Wonder why

Pitt probably feels it has a firm commit coming from someone else.  Quick recap --  Jalen originally committed to Pitt in Dec. 2019 and then subsequently de-committed in June 2020.

Then saw this tweet from Jalen's uncle  --  Wild.  Because Pitt was #1 on the list for my nephew Jalen. Idiotic move by Pitt to not want a top 30 recruit who wanted them lol.  Pitt will always be pitt

24 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

IU official visit starts tomorrow.

Top 50 2022 combo guard who plays at the absolute highest level of national prep high school ball. This would be a big deal if he has a commitment announcement say, this Friday.

That would be awesome but I’d be shocked if that happened 

13 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

IU official visit starts tomorrow.

Top 50 2022 combo guard who plays at the absolute highest level of national prep high school ball. This would be a big deal if he has a commitment announcement say, this Friday.

Are you looking into the future with blinders on hoping for something this Friday or should we feel somewhat confident?

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Seems like Kansas is going to be hard to beat for him but hopefully I'm wrong

2 minutes ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

Have to admit this post is depressing because you are so dialed into recruiting. 

I have no inside info on this, just giving my 2 cents. With the new staff, they're not letting anyone close to the program till August. As in to see practices or anything like that. 

21 minutes ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

Rick Barnes is recruiting very well at Tennessee. Lots of SEC football schools including Bama, LSU and Arkansas are bringing in big time players. I mean Tennesse and Alabama have never been to the Final Four, ever, yet are suddenly recruiting as well as Kentucky. 

I wonder what it i$…

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I have no inside info on this, just giving my 2 cents. With the new staff, they're not letting anyone close to the program till August. As in to see practices or anything like that. 

Well, you're of no use to us then! 

Edited by ebridges24
grammar

36 minutes ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

Rick Barnes is recruiting very well at Tennessee. Lots of SEC football schools including Bama, LSU and Arkansas are bringing in big time players. I mean Tennesse and Alabama have never been to the Final Four, ever, yet are suddenly recruiting as well as Kentucky. 

Those schools have good coaches who have been winning in recent years. If IU wins and makes the tournament this year then recruiting will be much easier going forward. 

4 minutes ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

I'm in the camp of I'm sick of driving the 55 mile and hour speed limit while everyone else is passing me going 62 without getting a ticket. There's no hint of those schools, including Kentucky, of getting into trouble with the NCAA. I have no idea what other schools are doing, but Indiana needs to get into the ring and compete for top rated kids. Now, I'm confident we have a highly paid coaching staff with elite recruiters as assistants and will eventually do that. Perhaps the NIL will ease lots of the under the table stuff. 

The reality is IU hasn’t been winning. It’s easy to say other schools are paying but that’s not it. It happens some but not as much as fans act like. Tennessee and Alabama have both been much better and more entertaining than IU in recent years. 

15 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

The reality is IU hasn’t been winning. It’s easy to say other schools are paying but that’s not it. It happens some but not as much as fans act like. Tennessee and Alabama have both been much better and more entertaining than IU in recent years. 

And they have also been paying. But luckily our brand is still huge and we can take advantage to pay kids within the rules.  

Free Agency is going to doom the non basketball programs unless they have a big football program to piggyback on.