Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - CG Jalen Hood-Schifino to INDIANA

27 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I wonder how often the B1G freshman of the year returns to school. Other P6 conference freshmen of the year? Guessing not terribly often, maybe I’ll look that up. 

Edit: cruising the freshmen of the year list since 2000, without getting really deep into it, looks like it’s way more often than I thought. I counted 7 that I knew for a fact were one-and-dones. 

Really happy for the kid. I was afraid this might go to Sensabaugh the same way POY went to Edey where it was basically decided in the 1st half of the season. Not being critical of the Edey pick, thought he was pretty clearly POY, but JHS’s body of work absolutely rated it.

7 hours ago, go iu bb said:

Hope he’s right. Fino going in the lottery would be so, so great.
Side note: I really want Whitmore gone before the Pacers pick. His traits are projectable as hell and he could certainly be a Guy. Maybe he fits with Haliburton because he’ll  move without the ball. But when he’s not scoring he’s not helping you and I just kind of see 1 of those guys who plays 10 yrs with 7 teams because nobody wins with him. On the other hand, I like Bailey a lot. I’m with him there. 

8 hours ago, Demo said:

Hope he’s right. Fino going in the lottery would be so, so great.
Side note: I really want Whitmore gone before the Pacers pick. His traits are projectable as hell and he could certainly be a Guy. Maybe he fits with Haliburton because he’ll  move without the ball. But when he’s not scoring he’s not helping you and I just kind of see 1 of those guys who plays 10 yrs with 7 teams because nobody wins with him. On the other hand, I like Bailey a lot. I’m with him there. 

I kind of think he will be gone before the Pacers pick due to his projection and recent hype. Also, who do you want as a realistic option at 7? Jarace Walker? Taylor Hemdricks? 

50 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

I kind of think he will be gone before the Pacers pick due to his projection and recent hype. Also, who do you want as a realistic option at 7? Jarace Walker? Taylor Hemdricks? 

I like Walker a lot. Gives me a strong Aaron Gordon vibe. Not quite that level of athlete, but the same sort of player who doesn’t need the ball to really impact winning and just a complete dawg. If they try move up for someone that would make sense since there’s no way they’re gonna use all of their picks. But the one late kid I’m interested in is Whitehead if enough teams are spooked by the foot thing. His floor is a good 3 and D guy and he’s got star ceiling. No way he should be around at 26, but if he is you have got to do that unless his medical is bad. 

1 hour ago, Demo said:

I like Walker a lot. Gives me a strong Aaron Gordon vibe. Not quite that level of athlete, but the same sort of player who doesn’t need the ball to really impact winning and just a complete dawg. If they try move up for someone that would make sense since there’s no way they’re gonna use all of their picks. But the one late kid I’m interested in is Whitehead if enough teams are spooked by the foot thing. His floor is a good 3 and D guy and he’s got star ceiling. No way he should be around at 26, but if he is you have got to do that unless his medical is bad. 

Walker would be a great fit, and he is physically ready day 1. 

Maybe they could package 26 +29 for somewhere around 20. Not sure of the value of the late 1RPs though. 

4 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

Walker would be a great fit, and he is physically ready day 1. 

Maybe they could package 26 +29 for somewhere around 20. Not sure of the value of the late 1RPs though. 

Think they’re gonna package one/both of those late firsts with one/both of Duarte/IJax to move up. I’m not sure how high that gets them, just a gut feeling. They could also throw Buddy into that mix to go higher. 

19 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Think they’re gonna package one/both of those late firsts with one/both of Duarte/IJax to move up. I’m not sure how high that gets them, just a gut feeling. They could also throw Buddy into that mix to go higher. 

Sometching’s gotta happen with Hield soon, doesn’t it? 30yo shooter in the last year of his deal seems like an awfully useful chip. Is running his deal out and putting the space towards Halliburton’s next deal a better option? 

3 minutes ago, Demo said:

Sometching’s gotta happen with Hield soon, doesn’t it? 30yo shooter in the last year of his deal seems like an awfully useful chip. Is running his deal out and putting the space towards Halliburton’s next deal a better option? 

I’m guessing he gets moved this summer. Sucks because I love him and he’s a great locker room guy (not to mention the 2nd-ish best shooter in the league at the moment). I doubt the Pacers are interested in a pricey extension there. I’m really bad at pro sports finance rules, but I think extending Tyrese isn’t super effected by other contracts though. There’s some sort of rule there. 

16 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

I’m guessing he gets moved this summer. Sucks because I love him and he’s a great locker room guy (not to mention the 2nd-ish best shooter in the league at the moment). I doubt the Pacers are interested in a pricey extension there. I’m really bad at pro sports finance rules, but I think extending Tyrese isn’t super effected by other contracts though. There’s some sort of rule there. 

I imagine the Pacers own his bird rights... So going over won't matter with a guy like him. But they couldn't just go sign someone for $50 million and the Pacers aren't going to be interested in paying any amount of the luxury tax.