Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - CG Jalen Hood-Schifino to INDIANA

2 hours ago, ap2345 said:

The reality is IU hasn’t been winning. It’s easy to say other schools are paying but that’s not it. It happens some but not as much as fans act like. Tennessee and Alabama have both been much better and more entertaining than IU in recent years. 

Chicken or the egg. Kentucky was 100% paying kids and their handlers and that resulted in them getting top talent and winning.

and there isn’t a top 25 kid in the country that wasn’t offered something by someone

Chicken or the egg. Kentucky was 100% paying kids and their handlers and that resulted in them getting top talent and winning.
and there isn’t a top 25 kid in the country that wasn’t offered something by someone

There are a few top level players that don’t take handouts, but market value is market value. I think we’ve seen enough through the window to see what market value does. It’s not always the Ayton/Zion 100-350k plus home/or cars. Heck, Brian Bowen was a six figure kid.

Romeo’s dad got some great AAU Adidas money. There are many ways to skin a cat but Market value is worth, and that is one of the reasons why Top 100 systems have so much clout and importance.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

9 hours ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

I may be wrong on this, and I like 247, but those hot cold things seem worthless. They rarely get updated. It still has Dane Fife as the lead Michigan State recruiter for Jalen Washington and several players on the cold list for IU that have officially visited. 

Yeah they aren’t worth putting much stock into 

17 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

So honest question, does having four coaches there have any practical value or is it just a 'statement' of how committed you are to a player?

I can't imagine coach #3 & 4 are gonna have a wildly different opinion than the first couple that are there, but maybe I'm wrong? 

9 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

So honest question, does having four coaches there have any practical value or is it just a 'statement' of how committed you are to a player?

I can't imagine coach #3 & 4 are gonna have a wildly different opinion than the first couple that are there, but maybe I'm wrong? 

It shows the recruit that he is a top priority for the staff.   There are not too many live periods and a program using all 4 coaches at a single event for a player sends a message to him and his family any anyone else involved in their recruitment that they are important.   Doesn’t guarantee anything but it’s definitely a move used by many staffs 

44 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

It shows the recruit that he is a top priority for the staff.   There are not too many live periods and a program using all 4 coaches at a single event for a player sends a message to him and his family any anyone else involved in their recruitment that they are important.   Doesn’t guarantee anything but it’s definitely a move used by many staffs 

University of No Classes did the same thing with Jalen Washington and got his commitment within days.  I hate that any school has to do that to land a recruit but that's the way the game is played today.  I can understand why some coaches have commented they intend to do the bulk of their future recruiting out of the transfer portal.

In his morning game today at Peach Jam 6-foot-5 Class of 2022 combo-guard Jalen Hood-Schifino was a smooth operator in the mid-range this morning.  He finished with 25 points, 9 rebounds and 4 assists while shooting 8-of-19 from the field and 9-of-12 from the free-throw line.