Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - CG Jalen Hood-Schifino to INDIANA

8 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Theme. Monteverde wins every game and these 2 dudes post the most modest of stat lines each and every game.

Takeaway- “Team Players”. Lol

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Stats certainly aren't awe inspiring, but they are juniors on a senior dominated team of D1 commits.  Yes, this season they are the 1st and 2nd players off the bench; do there numbers look different next year when they're the senior leadership?   Who knows.

Stats certainly aren't awe inspiring, but they are juniors on a senior dominated team of D1 commits.  Yes, this season they are the 1st and 2nd players off the bench; do there numbers look different next year when they're the senior leadership?   Who knows.

Yeah, I know. Thought I was being funny and truthful.

Other theme: you play for Monteverde, you are pretty good.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

In the NIBC Championship game, Montverde defeated Sunrise Christian 61-57.  Hood-Schifino played 11 min. and did not score going 0-2 FG.  He had 2 asst and 2 TO and picked up 4 fouls in his 11 min.

Justice Williams played 6 min. scoring 1 pt on 1-2 FT and grabbed 1 reb.

Comments on Hood-Schifino's performance yesterday in the KC Classic from Travis Branham -

It has been a standout weekend for Team CP3's Jalen Hood Schifino. His skillset, feel, IQ and versatility as a guard have shined this weekend.

Schifino possesses very good size and physical tools for the position and his frame has filled out well as he has continued to mature since our last viewings of him.

He impacts the game both on and off the ball given his innate ability to function both as a scorer and facilitator. As a scorer, Schifino connected on several mid-range pull-ups and as a facilitator he was most impactful in the pick-and-roll.

Since de-committing from Pittsburgh, he has received offers from Kansas, Tennessee, Arizona, Arizona State, Indiana and Seton Hall.

Recruiting update from Eric Bossi -

Indiana:  “I got a great feel from Mike Woodson.  As soon as he got the job, he called me, and I’ve been talking to him and coach Kenya Hunter.  He has been telling me that he is ready to turn the program around and they want to get on a zoom with me to show me campus and everything.”

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Top-30-junior-guard-Jalen-Hood-Schifino-is-looking-forward-to-a-big-summer-Georgetown-Indiana-Kansas-Pittsburgh-Tennessee-Wake-Forest-165427414/?fbclid=IwAR3fYts1chVTDgf3xOv6_NdP4w_-bC0PehLkaliD8glEVEmElf120OGDetc

From Rob Cassidy:  

A one-time Pitt commit, Jalen Hood-Schifino backed off his commitment to the Panthers in July of last year. So while he insists the Panthers remain in the mix to land his letter of intent down the road, Jeff Capel’s program has plenty of company in the race.

“The main schools right now are Kansas, Tennessee, Indiana, Georgetown, Oregon and Pitt,” Hood-Schifino said on Saturday afternoon.

“I like the history of Kansas and all that. They offered me the day I reopened my recruitment. They were the first school to do it. Indiana has been coming hard too. They want me to come in and be me -- you know, play my game, get the ball out and go. Tennessee and Wake, too. They are coming hard.

Recommitments are rare beasts in recruiting. But while they certainly aren’t common, they do happen. And when Hood-Schifino says he’s still very much considering the Panthers despite backing off his original pledge, his words seem sincere.

“I still talk to them a lot,” he said of the Pitt staff. "We keep that relationship. They still want me and we talk, like, every other day. We are keeping that communication open.”

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not bad at all.  Would love Clowney or Washington in the mix if room.  

If it’s Flip vs Clowney vs Washington it gets interesting.  All great options. 

5 man class doesn’t seem realistic to me, but who knows. 

Yeah i kinda set my wants as realistic as possible, guess well find out soon enough