Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - CG Jalen Hood-Schifino to INDIANA

50 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Yeah it's weird. From the games I have watched his role is facilitator for Whitehead, Mitchell, and Reneau. He gets the ball exactly where it needs to go and is a great passer. Pretty impressive in transition too.

But I def would like to seem him be more assertive and score more. 

Was one of the leading scorers in the EYBL last year before losing his last event due to Covid. As you’d expect, most of his points came in the midrange and getting to the rim. They ran a lot of DHO’s with him and he also seems to have a fondness for facing up at the elbows and working to the baseline. I did find one game where he made 4 3’s, but that was really the exception. 

Super pumped for this kid. Love the way he pushes the ball up and down the court. I don't think he has the best freshman season ever but I can see him getting 8-10 PPG and 3 ast. I love how he was the leader on this team. That was a pretty stacked team. Yet he was the glue guy. I hope he can be that for IU. Also hope IU can get his buddy Malik. They had great chemistry together. I  think Malik is a day 1 starter at the Power 5 level. 

Here are all the stats I could find for JHS through his high school career.  Coming up short on his sophomore numbers.

JHS: 

Freshman year at Combine Academy:  games:  35   FG:  164/302 (54%), 3 PT FG: 29/64 (45%), FT: 97/129 (75%), REB: 156 (4.5), AST: 168 (4.8), 13.0 PPG

Sophomore year at Combine Academy (don't know if he had an injury or if the school didn't post stats for most games:

games:  4  FG 14/27 (52%), 1/2 from three (50%), free throws 9/10 (90%), REB 12 (3.0), AST 19 (4.8), 7.3 PPG

Junior year at Montverde:  incomplete box scores for most games.  Points per game were 3.6, rebounds 2.4, assists 2.2.  Known shooting stats:  FG: 18/42 (43%) , 3 PT FG: 2/11 (18%), FT: 8/16 (50%), 

Senior year at Montverde:  incomplete box scores for most games.  Points per game were 11.7, 4.9 rebounds, 5.9 assists.  Known shooting stats:  FG:  53/127 (42%), 13/47 from three (28%), 26/35 free throws (74%).

Known shooting stats from high school:

FG:  249/498 (50%),  3PT FG: 45/124 (36%), free throws 140/190 (74%)