Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - CG Jalen Hood-Schifino to INDIANA

4 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

JHS is already signed.  Might want to go where no other top pg is.  IU also has Cupps for the year after.  

I think technically JHS is considered a combo guard. Maybe they could exist well together ay IU.

9 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I think technically JHS is considered a combo guard. Maybe they could exist well together ay IU.

He might be considered a combo guard by some services but IU recruited  him as their point guard and he wants to be a point guard according to  some of his interviews 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

He might be considered a combo guard by some services but IU recruiting him as their point guard and he wants to be a point guard according to  some of his interviews 

I think jhs is huge for future high level recurits. Kid has to play major minutes for optics alone. We have a nba coach show the up and comers that IU is a destation that will showcase your skills. IU screws this up could be bad for yrs to come for high level recurits. 

On 3/7/2022 at 8:00 AM, Indiana muskie said:

I think jhs is huge for future high level recurits. Kid has to play major minutes for optics alone. We have a nba coach show the up and comers that IU is a destation that will showcase your skills. IU screws this up could be bad for yrs to come for high level recurits. 

Like Lander and Bates?

3 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Like Lander and Bates?

Call me crazy but it's possible the best thing for JHS is to have X return and learn a few things from him. If X can bring his teammates along over the summer we will be in a better position next season. He's the closest thing this team has to a leader. Watch the presser after the Ill win with TJD, X, and Woody.

10 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Call me crazy but it's possible the best thing for JHS is to have X return and learn a few things from him. If X can bring his teammates along over the summer we will be in a better position next season. He's the closest thing this team has to a leader. Watch the presser after the Ill win with TJD, X, and Woody.

I would love for X to return and we frankly need him to. Having him as primary ball handler and JHS as secondary is our best chance of winning - having a 3rd play in Galloway out there makes us very dangerous with 3 play makers on the court

1 hour ago, MikeRoberts said:

Like Lander and Bates?

Bates has played 33% of minutes while missing at least two whole games. while I think he’s a good one, a lot of calls for him to play more now are “backup QB syndrome” because the other 2s and 3s have…flaws.

And Lander’s been hurt a bunch, while similarly not exactly proving he can guard at a B1G level yet. And he has a 40% TO rate.

Editing to add: I think both can be valuable players, even offer some things now. But look at any big program; they’ve got four and five stars getting fewer minutes than they might’ve hoped. I think when there are clear explanations other than “the coach doesn’t trust young guys,” it’s easier to stomach for prospective recruits.

Edited by lillurk

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Have to ask.  IS the wrinkling for effect or is this someone's beat up bracket?  LOL #fakewrinkle

Someone (Tennessee I think?) made the fake wrinkle popular a few years ago, kinda like that god awful drip effect everyone was using for a while. Design is a stealing man's game.