Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - CG Jalen Hood-Schifino to INDIANA

From the Tennessee board:

Are we sure JHS is a 2-3 year player? If he’s looking to be promised a starting spot like Rob Lewis seems to be hinting at isn’t it quite possible he abs his camp are looking at him as a one and done? Just a thought.
I know someone who spends time around Team Thad in Memphis and they think JHS has 1 and Done potential and he might end up in the Top 10 of the final recruiting rankings when all is said and done.

2 hours ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Volnation is so stuck on us “promising him to start” its annoying because that probably wasnt a thing. Lol. Glad JHS is going to (hopefully) be with us. 

Just type something about Lane Kiffin and they will freak out and forget all about Basketball, let alone JHS! 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

From the Tennessee board:

50 minutes ago

Are we sure JHS is a 2-3 year player? If he’s looking to be promised a starting spot like Rob Lewis seems to be hinting at isn’t it quite possible he abs his camp are looking at him as a one and done? Just a thought.
I know someone who spends time around Team Thad in Memphis and they think JHS has 1 and Done potential and he might end up in the Top 10 of the final recruiting rankings when all is said and done.

Guys around those AAU programs almost always are biased toward their own players so I'm not shocked by this at all. 

7 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Didn't Bates say that one of the things he appreciated most about Woodson's pitch was that he told him specifically that nothing would be promised to him? That if he wanted playing time, it would have to be earned? No chance he turned around and guaranteed a kid in the next class that he'd start. 

I mean how could a coach ever really say more than, "We would envision you taking over the starting PG role when you come in, contingent on your continued development." And I don't feel like Lander would take too kindly to a blanket promise of starting PG role.

6 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

I mean how could a coach ever really say more than, "We would envision you taking over the starting PG role when you come in, contingent on your continued development." And I don't feel like Lander would take too kindly to a blanket promise of starting PG role.

Lander has a lot more to worry about than JHS since he can't even get minutes over Phinisee right now... Who knows what Woody did or didn't promise the kid. It doesn't really matter, imo. With kids ranked as high as JHS they're going to expect to start anywhere. It's not like if Woody was promising a kid ranked in the 90-100 range a starting spot. 

16 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

I mean how could a coach ever really say more than, "We would envision you taking over the starting PG role when you come in, contingent on your continued development." 

No doubt some kids and their handlers hear what they want to hear and then it becomes the children's game of telephone from that point forward.  

1 hour ago, HoosierX said:

Whoever sparked that rumor on the Vols forum is 100p just running with the staff telling JHS that Xavier and Rob are most likely graduating and that there will be a lot of minutes available at the point guard spot, considering the only competition will be Lander. For reasons already explained by others, there's no way Woodson out right promised the starting job right away.

1 hour ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Personally I think that if we don't see a jump in Lander's development or PT, he is gone after this year anyways. He will want mins and I don't see that happening. 

I see everyone assuming hes gone but i think next year itll be him and JHS at point. He had to of known this season hes competing w 2 senior pg’s. This is also me being optimistic. Exhibiton game doesnt mean much tbh

I see everyone assuming hes gone but i think next year itll be him and JHS at point. He had to of known this season hes competing w 2 senior pg’s. This is also me being optimistic. Exhibiton game doesnt mean much tbh

I hope he stays at IU for several more years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 hours ago, Barrel Rick said:

hey ya'll,

just wanted to come on and give my thoughts on the recent rumblings of a possible Jalen Ramsey acquisition..

i've watched some tape on the kid, and you know the Barrel always tells it like it is;

this kid is sh*t..

no handle, no jumpshot, and by the looks of the women you may see on his Instagram stories; no kneehanger.

personally, i believe that we should be showing more interest in a guy like Mike Rotch, an unranked forward out of The Technical Institute O' Northern Delaware A&M Taxidermy & Circus who just entered the portal..

i mean seriously, what good does it do us to recruit 5-star talent? what are we, Gonzaga?

in the wise words of the late-great Brice Fox; this is Indiana..

we're losers, damn it! accept it, Woodson! (no disrespect Mike, i hope you and Terri are still aiming for 8 o'clock tomorrow at Texas Roadhouse.. mmhmm.. Ricky loves a bloomin' onion..)

to put it in Rickman's terms; we need more Johnny Jager, and less Romeo Langford..

simple as that.

p.s. StuHoo, we still on for 18 holes this weekend?

love y'all..

- Barrel Rick, 2021

18, 19… whatever it takes

21 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Sounds like Indiana, Tennessee, and Overtime Elite are final 3?  

Didn’t know about OTE.  

Indiana seems like heavy favorites but the OTE thing adds a layer of intrigue/worry?  

I didn’t know about OTE, never even heard of it. It’s definitely not a destination place - they couldn’t even field a team right now with the roster of kids they have. 

seems like a startup that is never going to get passed that stage. Playing 2v2 everyday in practice would get old quickly

55 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Sounds like Indiana, Tennessee, and Overtime Elite are final 3?  

Didn’t know about OTE.  

Indiana seems like heavy favorites but the OTE thing adds a layer of intrigue/worry?  

Wouldn’t he make more from NIL at IU than OTE?