Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - CG Jalen Hood-Schifino to INDIANA

2 hours ago, Hoosiereyedoc said:

TJD and Tamar liked this. Kristian also shared it on his Instagram stories 

6054B043-3B4D-438F-B255-48F36AA7C583.png

Obviously every kid can get stronger, but this one’s got the body of a 25 year old man.

2 hours ago, 323SGrant said:

Yep. No more Kaufman type surprises. Ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think the teams that can stack as many guys ranked between 20-40 have a great chance of success. Top 20s don’t always stick around long and outside of top 40 don’t always contribute a ton right away. UNC, Virginia and Villanova types

I think the teams that can stack as many guys ranked between 20-40 have a great chance of success. Top 20s don’t always stick around long and outside of top 40 don’t always contribute a ton right away. UNC, Virginia and Villanova types

Indeed. Hopefully CMW and staff can continue to recruit excellent HS and collegiate players at a high level.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

CMW seems to have a really good handle on what he wants. This coming year may be the worst team he puts on the floor and, right now, it looks pretty good. The next class is shaping up to be very good. What he has done in such a short period of time is incredible. I love his demeanor and the way he relates to the kids. If he can't restore IU to greatness, then it can't be done. I loved him as a player and I love him even more as a coach.

21 minutes ago, cthomas said:

CMW seems to have a really good handle on what he wants. This coming year may be the worst team he puts on the floor and, right now, it looks pretty good. The next class is shaping up to be very good. What he has done in such a short period of time is incredible. I love his demeanor and the way he relates to the kids. If he can't restore IU to greatness, then it can't be done. I loved him as a player and I love him even more as a coach.

I love the optimism. I was actually thinking IU would have a pretty good year this year, maybe 24 wins and a tiny bit of success in the tourney and then take a step back next year before hockey sticking back up.

we could easily lose our top 5 players, at least 4 out of 5. That’s a ton to lose

I love the optimism. I was actually thinking IU would have a pretty good year this year, maybe 24 wins and a tiny bit of success in the tourney and then take a step back next year before hockey sticking back up.
we could easily lose our top 5 players, at least 4 out of 5. That’s a ton to lose

Yeah, Trayce isn’t really replaceable IMO. Everyone else is. Bates in year 2, Geronimo in year 3 should be a solid start. I’m worried about the 4 and 5 for next year. Durr, Duncomb, Banks will be options, but no one with give us TJD stability imo.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

19 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I get what you are saying, but this class is starting to look really good. And coach knows how to work the portal to fill in the gaps. I think CMW is a guy who sees two or three years down the road. His NBA experience has taught him how to use the tools available to him. I don't doubt his ability to coach at this level. If he was successful at the top level of basketball, then he can figure out college basketball. I know it's still early and we have been burned before, but this guy gets it. Good times are ahead in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, Trayce isn’t really replaceable IMO. Everyone else is. Bates in year 2, Geronimo in year 3 should be a solid start. I’m worried about the 4 and 5 for next year. Durr, Duncomb, Banks will be options, but no one with give us TJD stability imo.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Gonna have to attract a stellar player who is looking to make some money and play with great guards.  We need Trayce to have a big year and get drafted highly. 

9 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Gonna have to attract a stellar player who is looking to make some money and play with great guards.  We need Trayce to have a big year and get drafted highly. 

Or just get a good NIL package together for TJD and convince him to stay for a fourth year and cement his legacy as an all time IU great. He'll have the stats for it, just needs to make a tournament run now and win a Big Ten championship.