Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - CG Jalen Hood-Schifino to INDIANA

10 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Now that is a lineup with the length and height i've been coveting for years.  Still want a more dominant 5 at some point but this lineup oozes with potential.  

Our current starting lineup goes 6'9", 6'8", 6'7", 6'5", 6'3".

That's some pretty strong length, and consistent length that can switch screens without overwhelming mismatches.

18 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Our current starting lineup goes 6'9", 6'8", 6'7", 6'5", 6'3".

That's some pretty strong length, and consistent length that can switch screens without overwhelming mismatches.

Yeah, I like our starters this season too.  But TJD is a little small for the 5 vs certain teams.  Race same at the 4.  Kopp isn't the extra rangy type of 6'7'' but it sure beats the days of having 2 barely 6 foot guards and having to play guys like McSwain at the 5 for stretches.  

I like our roster make up this year in general.  I think we have 1 or 2 too many guards and those should be wings.  I think TJD at the 5 will be our best lineups, but i'd like him and Durr to be able to play together at times and offensively alternate post touches.  

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, I like our starters this season too.  But TJD is a little small for the 5 vs certain teams.  Race same at the 4.  Kopp isn't the extra rangy type of 6'7'' but it sure beats the days of having 2 barely 6 foot guards and having to play guys like McSwain at the 5 for stretches.  

I like our roster make up this year in general.  I think we have 1 or 2 too many guards and those should be wings.  I think TJD at the 5 will be our best lineups, but i'd like him and Durr to be able to play together at times and offensively alternate post touches.  

Is Durr better than Duncomb?

40 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Right now. Yes he is. Duncomb won’t see the court much this year.

I heard one first hand, one practice point of view but is this based on more than that? Do we have a consistent point person in practices every day that is reliable? Just curious if that one practice is getting quoted as gospel or if there is more to base that on

3 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I heard one first hand, one practice point of view but is this based on more than that? Do we have a consistent point person in practices every day that is reliable? Just curious if that one practice is getting quoted as gospel or if there is more to base that on

Durr has played D1 for a couple years.  Duncomb is a freshman that is young for his grade.   Durr is going to have the advantage 

55 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If Durr isn’t currently better than Duncomb that would reflect quite badly on Durr.

Durr may in fact be better, maybe a lot better, just curious what people are basing that on, seems like it is being stated as a fact by many but not sure anyone has seen enough or really anything to determine that.

there are a ton of freshmen that come in and outplay upperclassmen as we all know. It’s not like he was an unheralded, unranked recruit, he was a top 75 player that played against a lot of top talent in high school and AAU

9 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Durr may in fact be better, maybe a lot better, just curious what people are basing that on, seems like it is being stated as a fact by many but not sure anyone has seen enough or really anything to determine that.

there are a ton of freshmen that come in and outplay upperclassmen as we all know. It’s not like he was an unheralded, unranked recruit, he was a top 75 player that played against a lot of top talent in high school and AAU

Duncomb is not going to play unless there is a rash of injuries which is always possible. Physically he's not ready yet. Durr is also a legit 7'0 footer which Duncomb is not. Durr has also caused some problems for TJD in the practices because he is physically different than everyone else on the roster. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierCoop said:

I was a little worried about Memphis.  Penny is starting to land top 5's again.  He must have great $$recruiting$$ tactics.

NIL baby. That stuff has been considerably lessened.

A donor no longer needs to deliver cash to a handler. Instead, that donor can pay the player big bucks for a few public appearances, and it will all be above board.

26 minutes ago, HoosierCoop said:

I was a little worried about Memphis.  Penny is starting to land top 5's again.  He must have great $$recruiting$$ tactics.

Fed Ex is paying out big bucks for Memphis in NIL deals

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

Fed Ex is paying out big bucks for Memphis in NIL deals

Don't doubt it.

For me? As the flagship school in a basketball obsessed state, we should be substantial beneficiaries of this new dynamic. As long as we show development of players and on-court performance, we should be able to rock the NIL compared to some the schools that we routinely recruit against.

The SEC football-oriented schools like LSU that were paying under the table previously? Not sure where their corporate deals for basketball are going to come from when football is lurking. Not sure that Duke will be a top dog--no Coach K and UNC is the flagship NIL giant in their backyard.

Schools like IU, Illinois, Arkansas, UCLA, Kansas with strong donor bases, basketball focus, and carved out geographic territory should rock this thing. If we don't it simply means we don't have the foresight to see what can be to our benefit.

Just now, Demo said:

When Archie 1st offered him and I dug into him a little bit, didn’t like him much and didn’t want him.. Everything I found struck me as a selfish, bright lights kid. Figured he’d wash out at Montverde because he wouldn’t be willing to wait his turn. And that was exactly wrong. In really limited minutes he always played hard and blended easily into their team concept. And he didn’t just wait for the highest profile offer he could get. He clearly was looking for fit. Serious mea culpa on this one and I’ll be happy as hell if he pulls the trigger for IU. 

Yeah but if he pulls the trigger for anyone else your first instinct was correct :)