Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - SF Justin Taylor to Syracuse

17 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

I am still jaded from the past two coaching staffs. We made so many final lists of these national recruits only to come in second. I so hope I am wrong with this new staff.

Same here. Though recruiting only tailed off at the end for Crean and Archie. But I also realize we will lose more than we get. That happens to every school. Woody landing Tamar Bates and the staff of proven recruiters around him have me pretty excited about lots of future talent at IU. 

20 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

If IU pulls this out that would be a nice statement pulling a top 60’s kid out of ACC country.    Of the top  5 schools 4 of them are in the ACC.   If he wants to play closer to home not much IU can do about that 

Yup...geography may be our primary enemy on this one. At Maryland would be the only game within family driving distance for him.

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

If IU pulls this out that would be a nice statement pulling a top 60’s kid out of ACC country.    Of the top  5 schools 4 of them are in the ACC.   If he wants to play closer to home not much IU can do about that 

Syracuse is technically closer, but it’s really not close to home at all. We’re talking 7.5 hours compared to 9 for IU.