Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - SF Justin Taylor to Syracuse

I don't know why he would want to go play for a coach who is 77 and might retire anytime
Maybe he doesn't want to play defense and keep his legs for offense. Kind of a perfect place for shooters since they can just sit in a 2-3 on defense and not have to guard anyone

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, ramadden13 said:

If Justin really did only visit IU because his mom made him (and let me tell you, Cuse fans, I am SKEPTICAL), that’s low key funny. Depressing but funny.

If he only went because of his mom did she make him post all of the nice stuff about  IU and coach Woodson

Just now, IU Scott said:

If he only went because of his mom did she make him post all of the nice stuff about  IU and coach Woodson

I don’t believe it either. That would a pretty d*ck move and he seems like a nice kid. But someone’s parent having reverence for IU and pushing them to visit would be the most IU story ever.

32 minutes ago, ramadden13 said:

If Justin really did only visit IU because his mom made him (and let me tell you, Cuse fans, I am SKEPTICAL), that’s low key funny. Depressing but funny.

I’m not saying I’m confident he’s coming but the story that his mom made him visit Indiana is laughable. 

Just now, Gnet550 said:

I’m not saying I’m confident he’s coming but the story that his mom made him visit Indiana is laughable. 

There’s not much to do in Syracuse, they’ve gotta come up with stories to keep entertained.

I don't know Justin or his family, but it's not inconceivable (cue The Princess Bride) that Justin's mom nudged him to take a visit. I know other parents in similar situations have tried to help their kids make an informed by trying to broaden their horizons. The kid still makes the final decision, but the parent helps present all the best options. 

If Justin flat out didn't want to go, I doubt the trip happens. However, if Justin was just not as in to it, then I could understand the mother taking some initiative. It's possible mom thinks it's good for the kid to have additional perspectives. It's an easy trip to a historic place. Give Coach Hunter a good chance to make a final sales pitch after putting in a lot of work with the family. Learn what the coach with NBA connections has to offer. 

Again, I don't know what the case is, but these things happen. 

37 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

We got the last visit which is usually a good thing, IU did the follow-up last weekend to watch him play, which is a good sign. To me it sounded like IU-UNC after the IU visit, so now it's IU-Syracuse. I'm going with IU with a 75% chance of landing him. 

Would be nice for a Taylor commitment Saturday and Flip shortly after that

41 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

We got the last visit which is usually a good thing, IU did the follow-up last weekend to watch him play, which is a good sign. To me it sounded like IU-UNC after the IU visit, so now it's IU-Syracuse. I'm going with IU with a 75% chance of landing him. 

Hope you’re right Chris!