Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - SF Justin Taylor to Syracuse

Comments on Taylor's Saturday performance in the KC Classic from Travis Branham -

Team Takeover's Justin Taylor is a very skilled, consistent and solid wing prospect that will provide a reliable piece for whatever future program lands him. He stands 6-foot-6, 200-pound with long arms and a strong frame and will be more than capable of holding his own physically at the collegiate level given his size, length and strength.

Offensively, he is skilled and smart and his biggest strength relies in his ability to make shots from three and he has shown just that this weekend in Kansas City. He's connected on jumpers both off the catch and pull and is also capable of attacking closeouts to score off the bounce.

Taylor possesses a high floor as a prospect and his game will translate to the next level of basketball. He is currently the No. 58 overall prospect and holds offers from Butler, Florida, Georgetown, Indiana, Maryland, North Carolin, Syracuse and Virginia amongst others.

11 hours ago, cthomas said:

Just from reading these recruiting threads, we seem to be playing in the big boy pool now. CMW and staff are not messing around.

With this staff, until they prove me wrong, I feel like we'll land these "big boys".  Archie offered lots of them but rarely closed the deal.  

Adam Finkelstein cited Taylor as a player that impressed him yesterday.

Dushawn London's comments from Southern JamFest:  Currently ranked No. 56 in the class of 2022, Justin Taylor had a huge night for Team Takeover. The most impressive part of his game is his shooting of course, but he really showed he can score in different ways and can lock in defensively. At 6-foot-6 he's extremely versatile and stretches the floor with his elite shooting. As far as his recruitment goes, he has official visits coming up with Syracuse, UNC, and Indiana and an unofficial visit with Virginia Tech.

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Team Takeover lost the championship game of the Southern JamFest 76-58 to the loaded Team Final (Emoni Bates, Jalen Duren, Justice Williams).  Taylor had 20 pts. in the loss.

That’s really impressive against that caliber talent. Team Final is not really beatable if they play focused and to their talent.

Paul Biancardi @PaulBiancardi

Justin Taylor is one to watch this summer.  Catches the ball ready to shoot with terrific shot preparation & shot mechanics. Works to get open & does not hesitate when open.  Feeds the post & finds the open man.  Size.  Shooter.  IQ.  Plays hard.

18 hours ago, Mike Schumann said:

Great job on the interview. Appreciate the work. I like our chances here. What do you think?

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Great job on the interview. Appreciate the work. I like our chances here. What do you think?

Thank you.  I sense that he has a tough decision.  I think IU and UNC are at the top, not sure who is leading, and it will be hard to count out UVA unless or until he says they are not a contender.

9 minutes ago, Mike Schumann said:

Thank you.  I sense that he has a tough decision.  I think IU and UNC are at the top, not sure who is leading, and it will be hard to count out UVA unless or until he says they are not a contender.

My concern would be UNC being less than 4 hours from home, IU being 8-9 hours. But hopefully, distance isn't the main factor.