Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - SF Justin Taylor to Syracuse

And we have a Monday trifecta.
4-star SF Justin Taylor with an IU offer today.   Measures 6'6" and attends St. Anne's-Belfield School in Charlottesville, VA.  
Maxpreps
Rivals
Hudl
March '20 Background Story

“It’s definitely been a goal of mine for quite some time that I’ve worked hard to get,” Taylor said. “While it’s disappointing to have it be canceled, I understand the health concerns and the need to take precautions with all that is going on.”

Impressive for a young man to have this level of understanding when he just achieved a high level goal like that. Interested to watch his progression.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 schools currently prioritizing Taylor.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/11/25/class-of-2022-wing-justin-taylor-breaks-down-recruitment/

Indiana: “I have stayed in consistent contact with [assistant] Coach [Kenya] Hunter and Coach [Archie] Miller, and their pitch is how they want my 2022 class to be the class that kind of turns their program back to the powerhouse it was. They talk about how they need guys who can shoot and score the ball, and how I can come in and do that automatically.”

6 schools currently prioritizing Taylor.
https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/11/25/class-of-2022-wing-justin-taylor-breaks-down-recruitment/
Indiana: “I have stayed in consistent contact with [assistant] Coach [KenyaHunter and Coach [ArchieMiller, and their pitch is how they want my 2022 class to be the class that kind of turns their program back to the powerhouse it was. They talk about how they need guys who can shoot and score the ball, and how I can come in and do that automatically.”

Would be nice to get him from Virginia. This team really needs shooters to help get us over the hump!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Taylor's season is still in doubt.  St. Anne's Belfield (SAB) is a member of the League of Independent Schools and Virginia Preparatory League (VPL).  On Dec. 16, the VPL delayed a decision on winter sports until its January meeting - date unknown.  Public schools in Virginia (Tyler Nickel) opened their seasons last week but it remains to be seen what the VPL will do.  A great many of the prep schools are boarding schools; however, SAB is a "day school" and thus cannot provide any "bubble atmosphere".

Update from Rivals.     Also in the article is news he'll at least have a season.  Only 7-10 games but at least some kind of season which is better than it sounded a month ago.

Indiana: “I talk with coach (Archie) Miller, and also (assistant) coach (Kenya) Hunter, who came over from UConn. I think I could fit well into their program. They have a 3-guard system, so I would definitely get time there. They’re trying to rebuild their program back to where it was and they see me as a central figure in that.”

https://basketballrecruiting.n.rivals.com/news/justin-taylor-an-intriguing-wing-with-plenty-of-programs-pursuing?fbclid=IwAR373x2Xvk1iI4m_j4HyK3nWIf9Jqyf-7uQBcUEiX137svYyY-cR0wYBZb4

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Update from Rivals.     Also in the article is news he'll at least have a season.  Only 7-10 games but at least some kind of season which is better than it sounded a month ago.

Indiana: “I talk with coach (Archie) Miller, and also (assistant) coach (Kenya) Hunter, who came over from UConn. I think I could fit well into their program. They have a 3-guard system, so I would definitely get time there. They’re trying to rebuild their program back to where it was and they see me as a central figure in that.”

https://basketballrecruiting.n.rivals.com/news/justin-taylor-an-intriguing-wing-with-plenty-of-programs-pursuing?fbclid=IwAR373x2Xvk1iI4m_j4HyK3nWIf9Jqyf-7uQBcUEiX137svYyY-cR0wYBZb4

If Archie wants to put in the groundwork here, ok sure. But, like Jordan Longino, I’ll believe a kid turns down an offer from his national championship winning, legendary local coach when I see it. 

St. Anne's-Belfield officially canceled its planned basketball season.  It had hoped to play 7-10 games between Feb. 13 and March 3, with other schools in its league but announced today it was not comfortable in proceeding with that plan. 

Recruiting update from Stockrisers -

https://stockrisers.com/s/312/four-star-junior-justin-taylor-talks-his-busy-recruitment

What’s Indiana’s staff pitching to you as far as playstyle?

“With Indiana, I could play a three-guard offense where they’re running off a lot of screens which would definitely complement my game and style of play.” 

Jake Weingarten - Four-star junior Justin Taylor has set up the following visits, as he told @Stockrisers: Virginia Tech (6/3), UNC (6/5-6/6), Syracuse (6/9-6/10), and could set some others in the month of June as well. Taylor & Family will speak with Indiana’s Mike Woodson & staff tonight.