Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - SF Justin Taylor to Syracuse

1 minute ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

I just read where Taylor has not posted anything on his social media accounts after his trip to Indiana. He immediately had updates after Carolina and Syracuse. I'm not a social media expert but that is probably not good for IU. 

it'll come just wait for it.  

4 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

it'll come just wait for it.  

Hope you are right my man. But that is certainly interesting. He posted updates immediately on Twitter after his unofficial to Va Tech and officials to Syracuse and UNC. Crickets on social media after Bloomington. 

Hope you are right my man. But that is certainly interesting. He posted updates immediately on Twitter after his unofficial to Va Tech and officials to Syracuse and UNC. Crickets on social media after Bloomington. 

Call me crazy but social media is a fairly shallow thing.  I see it as a good sign that his thoughts on IU may be deeper than what instantly came to his mind at other stops.  

20 minutes ago, triple said:

Call me crazy but social media is a fairly shallow thing.  I see it as a good sign that his thoughts on IU may be deeper than what instantly came to his mind at other stops.  

Hope you are right. No matter what happens this is the best I've felt about IU recruiting in 25 years. Good things are ahead for IU. 

1 hour ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

It’s hard to read kids through their social media..he also doesn’t appear to be very active on social media. His Instagram has like 15 pictures and he doesn’t have many tweets…Filipowski on the other hand seems to be pretty active on both places.

1 hour ago, IU-DL said:

Or maybe it was a REALLY great visit, he's leaning IU and doesn't want a bunch of rabid fans attacking him. This, my friends, is how I see things through my crimson goggles.

Even more Crimson glasses: saving the photo assets for a commitment post lmao

21 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Another thing that worries me about him is that his mom has a previous relationship with Hubert Davis's wife. Closer drive and has an in with mom. Certainly, things for us to overcome imo but I'm guessing a slight UNC lean but it's close

You better bite your tongue with all that Chapel Hill talk 007! #NeverForget #RosaParks https://www.businessinsider.com/unc-athlete-essay-a-minus-2014-10

20 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Another thing that worries me about him is that his mom has a previous relationship with Hubert Davis's wife. Closer drive and has an in with mom. Certainly, things for us to overcome imo but I'm guessing a slight UNC lean but it's close

Hmm, Chris is very dialed into IU recruiting, so this info combined with the social media thing probably gives us our eventual answer here. But we wait until it's official. I absolutely believe Woodson and his assistants will kill it in recruiting. Super excited to see how it all shakes out. 

Hmm, Chris is very dialed into IU recruiting, so this info combined with the social media thing probably gives us our eventual answer here. But we wait until it's official. I absolutely believe Woodson and his assistants will kill it in recruiting. Super excited to see how it all shakes out. 

I wouldn't put much into my thoughts right now. I'm not as dialed in as much as I want to be yet. Hopefully more in August when things get back to normal on campus. Just going on everything I have read from Mike, Rabby, UNC boards, others and my own two cents. I just think it's 55-45 UNC right now

45 minutes ago, Gnet550 said:

Here you go worry warts lol 

by the way Filipowski liked his photo and it’s only been up for 10 minutes

92E5FA51-6E6D-4E91-9442-1F3F47CA98CB.png

Ha. Touche Gnet. It must be crazy for these recruits with the social media accounts, the NIL deal to consider (FYI there's a great podcast on NIL from the Hoosier Hysterics guys a couple of days ago) etc. I ran across Lyndon Jones and Jay Edwards on their official IU visit at a party. Cell phones didnt exist back then so there are no pictures. 

Flip and Justin Taylor exchanging comments on their Instagram pages posting pics from their visit.  Trey/Tamar/Xavier doing some recruiting with some additional comments on their Instagram pages as well if you scroll through them.   Could very well see both of them here together

2 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Flip and Justin Taylor exchanging comments on their Instagram pages posting pics from their visit.  Trey/Tamar/Xavier doing some recruiting with some additional comments on their Instagram pages as well if you scroll through them.   Could very well see both of them here together

I noticed this as well. The other school which was Syracuse they both visited they didn’t do this…I’d take it with a grain of salt but it’s not a bad thing.

45 minutes ago, Gnet550 said:

I noticed this as well. The other school which was Syracuse they both visited they didn’t do this…I’d take it with a grain of salt but it’s not a bad thing.

I think this was planned to have them here both at the same time. Hoping that they want to play together. Hopefully, it works, and if they both come, we will be set up pretty well for the next few years. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I think this was planned to have them here both at the same time. Hoping that they want to play together. Hopefully, it works, and if they both come, we will be set up pretty well for the next few years. 

Definitely don’t think it hurt anything. Noticed they are both wearing cross necklaces in their picture too….assuming Faith is big to them both then that could have been a bond too