Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - Masai Troutman to Northeastern

Busy day for IU recruiting.   

6'4" Masai Troutman received an IU offer today.  Doesn't seem to be much out there on him at the moment but we should get some reports shortly.   He lives in Maryland and attends St. John's Catholic Prep in Buckeyestown, MD.  

Hudl

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Busy day for IU recruiting.   

6'4" Masai Troutman received an IU offer today.  Doesn't seem to be much out there on him at the moment but we should get some reports shortly.   He lives in Maryland and attends St. John's Catholic Prep in Buckeyestown, MD.  

Hudl

Found 1 game of his. Shot from a terrible angle and half the time wasn’t even pointed at the game. But, man, what a great looking athlete. Physically and athletically looks a lot like Hamidou Diallo. Definitely gotta find more.

9 hours ago, Demo said:

Found 1 game of his. Shot from a terrible angle and half the time wasn’t even pointed at the game. But, man, what a great looking athlete. Physically and athletically looks a lot like Hamidou Diallo. Definitely gotta find more.

LMAO.  I had to read your post twice.  My initial read was that Troutman was throwing the ball up from everywhere on the court and paying little attention to what his team was doing.   Does that constitute a senior moment?  After I regained my senses I could fully understand what you were describing.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

LMAO.  I had to read your post twice.  My initial read was that Troutman was throwing the ball up from everywhere on the court and paying little attention to what his team was doing.   Does that constitute a senior moment?  After I regained my senses I could fully understand what you were describing.

Same here.I was thinking why in the hell would we offer a kid like that.

It happens.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Would describe that less as a senior moment and more as an I didn’t re-read what I wrote and just sent it. ‘Cause, wow, that’s really not very clearly written.

35 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Interesting that he didn’t have a relationship with Coach Hunter. Just assumed that’s where that came from.

“He (Kenya Hunter) told me he was going to get the head coach with me on the phone the next day.  And then the very next day I got on the phone with Coach (Archie) Miller, and he officially offered me.  He talked about him seeing me as the next Victor Oladipo if I go there.”

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-archie-miller-sees-victor-oladipo-path-for-2022-wing-masai-troutman/

54 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

“He (Kenya Hunter) told me he was going to get the head coach with me on the phone the next day.  And then the very next day I got on the phone with Coach (Archie) Miller, and he officially offered me.  He talked about him seeing me as the next Victor Oladipo if I go there.”

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-archie-miller-sees-victor-oladipo-path-for-2022-wing-masai-troutman/

I encourage y'all to take a look at the sophomore year highlight video embedded in this link. For a player with off the charts athleticism, his jump shot is very repeatable and composed.  

Glad we got in early on this one.

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I encourage y'all to take a look at the sophomore year highlight video embedded in this link. For a player with off the charts athleticism, his jump shot is very repeatable and composed.  

Glad we got in early on this one.

Stroke both off the bounce and the catch  looks almost exactly like Michael Jordan’s. The way he squares up, launch point, everything. And you’re right about getting in early. This kid is going to explode and everyone’s gonna want in.

4 minutes ago, Demo said:

Stroke both off the bounce and the catch  looks almost exactly like Michael Jordan’s. The way he squares up, launch point, everything. And you’re right about getting in early. This kid is going to explode and everyone’s gonna want in.

PleasecallthekidVictorOladipopleasecallthekidVictorOladipo

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

As always, thank you for sharing!

19 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I dunno Mike...Old Fart is beating YOU to the punch on posting stuff from that Daily Hoosier guy! Old Fart is fast, but this is a bit much lol.

I'm pretty fast on my keyboard after my afternoon nap!  lol

After detailing for you yesterday the status of high school basketball in Maryland, I subsequently found additional information as it relates specifically to Troutman and St. Andrew's Episcopal HS.   St. Andrew's is a member of the Independent School League which has 17 prep school members.  As a league, it has determined there would be no winter sports whatsoever.  No indication if basketball is totally scrapped or they'll try to resurrect it as a spring sport in 2021.

Alec Lasley - 

Class of 2022 wing Masai Troutman received an offer form Indiana back in September and continues to stay in constant contact with the IU staff.

The 6-foot-5 junior was a critical part of St. John's Catholic Prep (Buckeystown, MD) success last season. Troutman transferred to St. Andrew’s Episcopal (Fredrick, MD) ahead of his junior season. He averaged 15.7 points, 6.7 rebounds, 1.3 steals and 1.3 blocks as a sophomore.

Of the programs involved in his recruitment, he has a solid group of five prioritizing him, he told TheHoosier.com. He noted, "The schools prioritizing me right now are Georgetown, Pitt, Maryland, Xavier and Indiana."

While he isn't ready to make an official list, he feels comfortable with the programs currently involved. With the season underway, he has been able to focus on how he would fit in their respective systems.

The rest of the article is behind a paywall.