Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - Masai Troutman to Northeastern

On 12/17/2020 at 9:46 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

After detailing for you yesterday the status of high school basketball in Maryland, I subsequently found additional information as it relates specifically to Troutman and St. Andrew's Episcopal HS.   St. Andrew's is a member of the Independent School League which has 17 prep school members.  As a league, it has determined there would be no winter sports whatsoever.  No indication if basketball is totally scrapped or they'll try to resurrect it as a spring sport in 2021.

I admire what they’re doing, I wish my state was this serious. But still disappointing. Of all the kids that IU is in on, Troutman is the one I wanted to watch most. Just feels like somebody might get a Jarrett Culver level steal here. 

Commonwealth Basketball Group hosting a 2-weekend event captioned DMV Live at DeMatha.  In a game this morning St. Andrews defeated Glenelg Country 60-38.  Troutman led St. Andrews with 18 pts.

Other players with IU interest in this event include Favour Aire, Tyrell Ward, Rodney Rice and Justin Taylor.

https://www.commonwealthbasketballgroup.net/

54 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

In his own words:  "...110% committed to Northeastern."

I think he’s better than that. Certainly more projectable. COVID lack of exposure did him no favors.