Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - PG Rodney Rice to VA Tech

Adding to the derailment..

True story, I had worked out a plan to purchase and armor a camel in the hopes to respond to an incident on KAF riding on the back of a camel with bomb suit and robot in tow.  My superior didn't find amusement in my creativity.

12 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Adding to the derailment..

True story, I had worked out a plan to purchase and armor a camel in the hopes to respond to an incident on KAF riding on the back of a camel with bomb suit and robot in tow.  My superior didn't find amusement in my creativity.

What a great plan! and would have fit right in with all the craziness at KAF. I know what the problem was... you didn't plan on putting a reflective belt on the camel. Does anyone remember the "Poo Pond"? ugh

14 hours ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

What a great plan! and would have fit right in with all the craziness at KAF. I know what the problem was... you didn't plan on putting a reflective belt on the camel. Does anyone remember the "Poo Pond"? ugh

The "Poo Pond" was well after my time.  Those ******* reflective belts!  There were so many stoooopid ******* rules on that base.  We pissed them off daily with our "cowboy ways" but they could never really figure out who we answered to, we had a difficult time figuring out the same.

DeMatha has a game that will start shortly against Gonzaga  --  no not Mark Few's Gonzaga  -- so if you have any interest in watching Rodney Rice #4 and Tyrell Ward #?

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=689684415022283&ref=notif&notif_id=1612480549631109&notif_t=live_video

Saturday afternoon game for DeMatha at Paul VI and game should be available starting at 1:45 on the Paul VI Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/2741928512803549/?acontext={"ref"%3A"52"%2C"action_history"%3A"[{\"surface\"%3A\"share_link\"%2C\"mechanism\"%3A\"share_link\"%2C\"extra_data\"%3A{\"invite_link_id\"%3A1866701880137023}}]"}

Rice is #4 and Tyrell Ward is #15

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Added uniform numbers

DeMatha remains undefeated with an 89-77 win over Paul VI.  Rice with 13 pts. on 5-15 FG; 3-9 on 3s; 3 reb; 1 asst.  He started the second half but spent a considerable amount of time on the bench and not due to any foul trouble.  He did play the last 3 min. when DeMatha pulled away for the 12-point margin of victory.

Tyrell Ward with 23 pts. on 9-18 FG; 1-5 on 3s; 4-4 FT; 10 reb; 1 asst; 2 stls ; 1 TO.

Fun game to watch as DeMatha remained undefeated with a 109-107 OT win over Paul VI.  I had Rice with 20 pts. on 4-14 FG; 2-8 on 3s; 10-12 FT; 3 reb; 1 asst; 1 stl; 2 TOs.

Tyrell Ward also with 20 pts. on 6-18 FG; 3-7 on 3s; 5-10 FT; 9 reb; 1 asst; 3 stl; 3 blk; 1 TO.

Paul VI features 5-star Trevor Keels thought to be a Duke lean but just received a pUKe offer.   He had triple double of 41 pts; 10 reb; 10 asst.

A little DeMatha trivia.

Sunday's game was the last one for DeMatha in a pandemic shortened season and the team finished with a record of 12-0.  This was just the fourth time in the past 65 years in which a DeMatha team did not win 20 games or more.   On the flip side, this year's squad will go down as the third undefeated team in school history (1978, 1991, and now 2021).  Note -- The legendary Morgan Wooten always said his '65 team was undefeated against high school competition as the squad's only loss was by one point to what was then the freshmen team at the University of Maryland.

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Endless Motor Sports - 

2022 Rodney Rice of DeMatha Catholic/Team Durant has been in contact with the following programs recently: Virginia Tech, Indiana, Maryland, Alabama, Louisville, UConn, Dayton

He’s exclusively a Kenya recruit (DMV and such).

Should transition into the Woody era with extra sauce.

Jamie Shaw of Rivals at the Pittsburgh Jam Fest -

Class of 2022 four-star prospect Rodney Rice came out scorching the nets in the opening round of the Hoop Group Pitt Jam Fest. His Team Durant EYBL team defeated Team Rio UAA in running clock fashion behind a dazzling 20-point, five three-pointer effort from Rice.

After the game the Hyattsville (Md.) Dematha guard and I talked about his recruitment and he said he wants to visit Louisville, Maryland, Indiana and Virginia Tech once the NCAA opens up in-person recruiting. Rice says he would like to commit prior to his senior season.

Jamie Shaw of Rivals deemed Rice the MVP of last weekend's Pitt Jam Fest - 

Currently sitting at No. 77 in the Rivals150 2022 class, Rice made his case this weekend for a bump in the impending update. Playing for Team Durant EYBL, Rice showcased major shot making ability which included catch and shoot from range, attacking closeouts with balance and feel and some craft to finish once in the paint. Standing at 6-foot-4 the Hyattsville (Md.) Dematha Catholic guard averaged over 20 points per game en route to a 17u championship win.

Where he might land: Louisville, Maryland, Indiana, Virginia Tech and Connecticut are the programs in heaviest contact right now.

Rob Cassidy of Rivals on players who improved their ranking based on last weekend AAU play --

Current ranking: No. 77 in the class of 2022

Why he’ll slide up:  Rice showcased increased range in Pittsburgh this weekend, catching the eye of our Jamie Shaw and impressing most others who saw him on the floor.  The 6-foot-4 guard averaged more than 20 points per game and led his team to a tournament title.  Rice has long been a pace-setting lead guard that can get to the bucket, but his improving jumper adds a new dimension.

12 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Rob Cassidy of Rivals on players who improved their ranking based on last weekend AAU play --

Current ranking: No. 77 in the class of 2022

Why he’ll slide up:  Rice showcased increased range in Pittsburgh this weekend, catching the eye of our Jamie Shaw and impressing most others who saw him on the floor.  The 6-foot-4 guard averaged more than 20 points per game and led his team to a tournament title.  Rice has long been a pace-setting lead guard that can get to the bucket, but his improving jumper adds a new dimension.

Now THIS is a guard that I would have no reservations about signing with IU early!