Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

From Mike Schumann and The Daily Hoosier:  #iubb with an offer for 2021 5-star top-20 guard Hunter Sallis.  Recently announced a top-12.  New assistant Kenya Hunter has been involved.

6'4" 5-star combo guard attending Millard North HS in Omaha, NE.  We're late to the dance as he's already announced a top 12 but Hunter must have a good connection with Sallis to have us jump in this late with an offer in his recruitment.

Rivals

MaxPreps

Hudl

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Definitely a connection to Kenya Hunter.  Mike Schumann reporting UConn would have been in Sallis' top 12 if Hunter was still there. 

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-hoosiers-offer-class-of-2021-5-star-guard-hunter-sallis/

For a kid from Omaha, Coach Hunter at a B1G school > Coach Hunter at UConn.

“Expected departure of Lander”? Is he now expected to leave after the 2021 season?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Saw that too. I wouldn’t think so, but also wouldn’t be shocked if he has a great season. Either way, if room for Muhammad, room for Sallis.

Speaking of Muhammad, he put out a edit thing with about 12 schools on it. Indiana in the mix.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Pretty good extended highlight reel of a game Sallis played against Lincoln North Star, which has Donovan Williams, a 6’5” ‘20 kid going to Oklahoma St(and who looks every bit of 25). Looks to have a lot of Ayo Dosunmu to his game, except he’s a much more dynamic athlete. Uses a lot of change of pace to create space for himself, and once he has an advantage the defender is basically helpless. Also looks like he competes pretty hard on both ends. I want to see some full games because, though he makes 3 or 4 perimeter shots in this one, and I know nothing about his shooting stats, he has an inconsistent release point on his shot and sometimes his elbow flys. So I’m comfortable guessing streaky shooter. But he’s so explosive downhill that a bad shooting game wouldn’t negate his effectiveness. Would be a killer in any system. 

... it left Sallis’ high school coach Tim Cannon saying: “I think he would definitely consider them.”

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/09/01/i-think-he-would-definitely-consider-them-why-indiana-could-be-in-the-mix-for-hunter-sallis-despite-a-late-recruitment/

His 3-point % has actually decreased.  Per MaxPreps he was 43% as a freshman; 41% as a sophomore and just 31% last season.  In his freshman season he only attempted 14 3's so you can't put a lot of faith into the 43% number.  As a soph. he attempted 48 (2 per game) and last season he attempted 88 (3 per game).