Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2024 General Recruiting Thread (BBall)

On 1/27/2024 at 11:10 AM, Demo said:

That is a really nice doubleheader. No IU offers on either, but I seem to recall them watching ‘25 Brewster wing Dwayne Aristode at some point last summer, or I  might have just dreamt it. But, you’ll be the 1st one around here to see next giant kid to go through the Purdue laboratory. 7’3” ‘24 PU commit Daniel Jacobsen plays for Brewster. 
Will be interested to see what you think of Darius Adams up close. Can’t quite put my finger on it, but I don’t love him. 

I like Adams alot. Think he needs to mature physically more than anything. See him as an elite scoring 2 guard at the college level by his soph/junior year.  

I like Adams alot. Think he needs to mature physically more than anything. See him as an elite scoring 2 guard at the college level by his soph/junior year.  
There is another 7'3 guy in the portal that is from West Lafayette and played at IMG. Not sure how he hasn't ended up at Purdue. Only videos of him I have found he is working out with kaufman-renn

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, 68Hoosier said:

With Tucker on board now, do we have any realistic options left for 2024 open spots.  

I assume McNeeley is not an option, unfortunately.

The only other highly-regarded guy uncommitted in ‘24 is Khani Rooths, former UM commit and, I believe, he once had an offer. Saw him comment on Tucker’s IG commitment post but I haven’t heard anything about his plans. Suppose he’s theoretically an option but TBD where his interest lies this time around.

Diamant Blazi has an offer and his other D1 offer as yet was Monmouth…I’m not down on him, late riser who played one year in US. He might want to make some other visits. But if those are your offers, you’re going to IU.

Anyone else would have to be a ‘25 reclassification or someone asking out of a LOI or commitment, probably because of a coaching change. I.e. USC has 3 commits and just lost its HC, Andy Enfield, to SMU. Maybe they won’t stick at SC, though it appears they’re all west coasters so it might not be an obvious fit for any of those specific ones.

23 hours ago, 68Hoosier said:

With Tucker on board now, do we have any realistic options left for 2024 open spots.  

2 hours ago, lillurk said:

I assume McNeeley is not an option, unfortunately.

The only other highly-regarded guy uncommitted in ‘24 is Khani Rooths, former UM commit and, I believe, he once had an offer. Saw him comment on Tucker’s IG commitment post but I haven’t heard anything about his plans. Suppose he’s theoretically an option but TBD where his interest lies this time around.

Diamant Blazi has an offer and his other D1 offer as yet was Monmouth…I’m not down on him, late riser who played one year in US. He might want to make some other visits. But if those are your offers, you’re going to IU.

Anyone else would have to be a ‘25 reclassification or someone asking out of a LOI or commitment, probably because of a coaching change. I.e. USC has 3 commits and just lost its HC, Andy Enfield, to SMU. Maybe they won’t stick at SC, though it appears they’re all west coasters so it might not be an obvious fit for any of those specific ones.

Assume IU might sniff around here. https://x.com/draftexpress/status/1773757035521126756?s=46&t=amyLA-ibyLT69zYMzsU5bA
He committed so early, I don’t know how much anyone who had traction in 2021 matters. He’s not a typical Woody guard — only 5’11” — but scoring 20 against Oak Hill’s schedule is no joke.

https://247sports.com/player/christian-anderson-46125855/

39 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Assume IU might sniff around here. https://x.com/draftexpress/status/1773757035521126756?s=46&t=amyLA-ibyLT69zYMzsU5bA
He committed so early, I don’t know how much anyone who had traction in 2021 matters. He’s not a typical Woody guard — only 5’11” — but scoring 20 against Oak Hill’s schedule is no joke.

https://247sports.com/player/christian-anderson-46125855/

If Anderson's up to 5'11" he's grown a fair bit. Saw him in a game a couple of years ago against someone IU was on, maybe Tiller, and that kid was really, really small. Maybe 5'8", 5'9" tops, and a narrow frame. But he had in the gym range and a blow by 1st step.