Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2024 General Recruiting Thread (BBall)

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Gotcha. I never really feel like watching a bunch of highlights of kids we aren't close to getting. Recruiting just isn't something I pay attention to until a kid commits. 

Caveat - doesn't mean we are eminently close with any of them or that there aren't others that are out of radar view to fans.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Caveat - doesn't mean we are eminently close with any of them or that there aren't others that are out of radar view to fans.

I figured we'd be hitting the transfer portal really hard this summer. Would be nice to hit on a couple of those Top 20 kids. Make going to Indiana "cool." Hopefully Hood-Schifino going pro really helps... Especially with the Montverde connection. 

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I figured we'd be hitting the transfer portal really hard this summer. Would be nice to hit on a couple of those Top 20 kids. Make going to Indiana "cool." Hopefully Hood-Schifino going pro really helps... Especially with the Montverde connection. 

I think you are right om with this. Maybe no one commitment is imminent but JHS becoming a draft pick will make Indiana more attractive and be a talking point for Woodson and staff. 

2023 is a different story. Not much time left but we will be hitting the portal hard. 

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I thought a recruit committing was “imminent” at several times throughout this season..? Whatever happened to those?

I never remember hearing, reading, or thinking that. Which ones are you thinking that might’ve been the case with?

21 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I never remember hearing, reading, or thinking that. Which ones are you thinking that might’ve been the case with?

I do remember at least once, maybe a month ago or so, that there was talk of 'hearing some good news soon' in reference to a recruit. I believe it was Sisley. I know he's a '25 recruit, but I'm pretty sure I read that here.

2022-2023 MaxPreps All-American Teams.     

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/SxUDpqUOuUW4VE3APSX7fw/2022-23-maxpreps-all-america-team-cameron-boozer-of-columbus-headlines-high-school-basketballs-best.htm

2nd Team

• Flory Bidunga
  • Dylan Harper
  • Koa Peat

Honorable Mention

• Liam McNeeley

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jamie Shaw from the USA Basketball Minicamp.  Number of '24 and '25 IU targets and players of interest are mentioned.

https://www.on3.com/news/usa-basketball-minicamp-top-performers-day-1/

2 things: 1) Meleek Thomas is built for camp events. He can get any look he wants with no help.. 2) I need someone to freaking measure Caleb Wilson. Still listing him at 6’8” and there’s no chance that’s true. It’s making me nuts.

2 things: 1) Meleek Thomas is built for camp events. He can get any look he wants with no help.. 2) I need someone to freaking measure Caleb Wilson. Still listing him at 6’8” and there’s no chance that’s true. It’s making me nuts.

Also Ace Bailey to Rutgers is just jaw dropping. Like WTH is going on there?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Rumors of a Kanon Catchings decommit

Was just coming to post this. Peegs board is all over it. Rabby and others not shooting it down. One even said “something to keep an eye on” 

for you social media people, he supposedly just recently started following Adam Howard and Hulls.