Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2024 General Recruiting Thread (BBall)

4 minutes ago, craigyv88 said:

Has anyone heard of or seen this kid from Kokomo?  Not sure what kind of competition they play but he has put up some big numbers lately.  6'10" and only a sophomore.  

image.thumb.png.79ba3a1f595d3862d5f5f25afc8f2c8b.png

Idk looks a little skinny for me.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Yes!

Yeah he is getting a bunch of noise on the high school boards. Couple of guys that are more than knowledgeable. Really like this kid. Raw but learning quickly . I believe this summer will tell somethings about him when he faces other quality bigs. Kid is tearing it up right now.

On 2/23/2022 at 11:54 AM, craigyv88 said:

Has anyone heard of or seen this kid from Kokomo?  Not sure what kind of competition they play but he has put up some big numbers lately.  6'10" and only a sophomore.  

image.thumb.png.79ba3a1f595d3862d5f5f25afc8f2c8b.png

Looks like PureDoo is showing interest.

8 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Looks like PureDoo is showing interest.

Yeah I saw him being mentioned on their Rivals board but I didn't have the stomach to read on.  I figured it's a safe bet Poodoo was interested since being 6'10" or taller and able to run without falling down seems all that is needed to get on their radar.

2024 6'9 Forward Ayden Evans says Louisville, Ohio State, Western Kentucky, and Indiana are all showing interest in addition to West Virginia and Mississippi State (who have offered).

Purely by chance, I followed Evans' high school season and can tell you that for 27 games he averaged 12.4 ppg and 7.4 rpg.   His season ended last week with a loss in the region finals.

Next Up Recruits -

2024 6’8 F @AydenEvans9 of Elizabethtown (KY) & @Power_Circle_KY holds offers from Mississippi State & West Virginia. Has interest from Indiana, Louisville, WKU, Ohio State and more. Coaches - He will be playing in Indy this weekend.If you haven’t seen him yet . 

2024 6’2 G @DamoneKing2 of DuPont Manual (KY) & @MokanBasketball EYBL AAU has an Ohio U offer.  Along with interest from Louisville, Indiana, Cinci, Texas A&M, WKU, NKU, Xavier, and Ohio State.

On 4/5/2022 at 9:14 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Next Up Recruits -

2024 6’8 F @AydenEvans9 of Elizabethtown (KY) & @Power_Circle_KY holds offers from Mississippi State & West Virginia. Has interest from Indiana, Louisville, WKU, Ohio State and more. Coaches - He will be playing in Indy this weekend.If you haven’t seen him yet . 

Playing for Power Circle KY in the Adidas Gold 16U event.   This from Next Up Recruits:  @Power_Circle_KY 16U beat Indians Ice tonight 80-41 led by 2024 6’9 F @AydenEvans9 of Etown (KY) with 14 pts.  A forward with great length that blocks & alters shots with consistency. He runs the floor well & has great touch around the basket.  Still growing.  A ton of upside.

Alec Lasley - 2024 Wildcat Select/Centerville (OH) guard Jonathan Powell and Indiana are working on setting up an unofficial visit. He had 45 points in front of IU assistants today against Indiana Elite.  Has offers from Dayton and Illinois.

Hmmmm.   Wonder if we have anyone who could help us out with Centerville HS recruiting.

Powell received an offer from pUKe today.   

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Clarification on Jonathan Powell.  Although the initial tweet from Alec Lasley referenced Centerville, OH, unless he's transferring, everything I'm finding has him in Dayton, OH attending Chamninade-Julienne HS.   BUT, his Twitter bio reads Centerville HS so.............??

@jonathanp0well1

Greater Catholic League Stats

Hudl

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/chaminade-julienne-sophomore-receives-scholarship-offer-from-dayton/GZD4525U7NAONLJOHAI5GHROIE/

Believe USPS mentioned he stayed in Centerville when he went to the first four this year. Think they’re neighboring towns.

Really recruiting top guys. I hope we land some them. Offers are easy to give out, landing a few of them repeatedly will be important.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Saw it reported last Thursday that '24 PG Elijah Crawford of Augusta Christian HS in Martinez, GA has popped up on the IU radar.   He's unranked on both 247 and Rivals and listed as 6'1".  He plays AAU for the 16U The Skills Factory (TSF) on the EYBL circuit.  Martinez, GA is a northwest suburb of Augusta.

@elijah1crawford

Rivals

MaxPreps 7 Games

Hudl

https://phenomhoopreport.com/could-become-a-hot-target-for-many-2024-elijah-crawford-augusta-christian/    This link is to a Dec. '21 story that includes this bit of info --  Whether it was during his high school season last year, in which he ultimately earned South Carolina Independent School Association Player of the Year honors, but also this summer with The Skill Factory, where he was once averaging over 20 points per game.   [Unless it's an error in the story, he must have moved from South Carolina to Georgia after his freshman year.]

AAU results from the Orlando event where he averaged 30 min/game.

Elijah Crawford '24 (PG) - The Skills Factory (TSF)                 16U      
Date W/L Pts. FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA Reb Ast TO's  Stl Blk
4/08 L 19 7 12 3 3 2 6 2 2 0 2 0
4/09 W 3 1 7 1 2 0 1 7 2 2 1 1
4/09 L 7 3 11 1 1 0 0 5 2 1 0 0
4/10 L 18 7 19 2 2 2 3 9 2 2 7 1

# Gms / Avg 4 11.8 37%   88%   40%   5.8 2.0 1.3 2.5 0.5
HS 21-22 7 19.9 44%   79%   33%   7.1 3.3 3.9 3.1 0.6

Does anyone here know how I can get in touch with someone from Indiana Elite or Indy Heat? I know that I’m late for this season but I’d like to get in contact with someone for a tryout for my class of 2027 son.
We live in a small town in Southern KY. We currently play in these small tournaments. That’s nice and all but I’d like to see my son play at the highest level. My son is a “3 and D” type of wing

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, yogisballin said:

Does anyone here know how I can get in touch with someone from Indiana Elite or Indy Heat? I know that I’m late for this season but I’d like to get in contact with someone for a tryout for my class of 2027 son.
We live in a small town in Southern KY. We currently play in these small tournaments. That’s nice and all but I’d like to see my son play at the highest level. My son is a “3 and D” type of wing

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Maybe a starting point for each.

https://www.indianaelite.com/contact/

https://indyheatgymrats.com/contact/