Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2024 General Recruiting Thread (BBall)

Gabe Grant listed as a 6-foot-10 center in the 2024 class on the 247Sports Web site.  He is a freshman at the McDonogh School in Owings Mills, Md.

The link is to a 2-month old Syracuse basketball website but indicates we'd been looking at him.

https://insidetheloudhouse.com/2021/05/25/syracuse-basketball-blue-bloods-inquiring-big-man-gabe-grant/

On 7/16/2021 at 4:07 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jobe's been getting a lot of very favorable comments for his AAU play.

Am I the only one who sees his last name and automatically said NOOOO!?!

Haven’t seen that there’s any connection or relation but don’t want to relive the Tijan hype nightmares.

That said I’m sure he’s talented and if the staff is on him, he’s not a Crean type project.  

28 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

Haven’t seen that there’s any connection or relation but don’t want to relive the Tijan hype nightmares.

That said I’m sure he’s talented and if the staff is on him, he’s not a Crean type project.  

Rest easy young grasshopper.  

2 hours ago, 94Bulldog said:

There was never any “Tijan hype” of him as a player IMO.

Tijan is a great guy and has always been a fantastic ambassador for the university.

Mike Schumann @ The Daily Hoosier

2024 guard Jacob Theodosiou will be at Hoosier Hysteria on Oct. 2 as part of an unofficial visit, I'm told.

He is a 6'3" PG from Canada but attends Western Reserve Academy in Ohio.  He played AAU for Wildcat Select on the Adidas circuit.  He's currently playing for Canada in the FIBA U16 Americas tournament and tonight Canada faces the USA in a semifinal matchup.  If you watch the game on the FIBA site, he wears #5.

https://www.youtube.com/user/fibaworld

1st game Canada beaten by Argentina 81-70.  In 11 min. he scored 3 pts. on 1-2 FG; 1-1 on 3s; 1 reb; 1 TO; 1 stl.

2nd game Canada defeated Mexico 85-49.  In 20 min. scored 14 pts. on 6-11 FG; 2-5 on 3s; 4 reb; 4 asst; 2 TO; 2 stl.

3rd game Canada defeated Brazil 92-53.  In 19 min. scored 9 pts. on 4-13 FG; 1-6 on 3s; 0-1 FT; 2 reb; 2 asst; 3 stl.

4th game Canada defeated Puerto Rico 93-65.  In 16 min. scored 12 pts. on 4-8 FG; 4-5 on 3s; 1 reb; 2 asst; 3 TO.

https://www.prospectiveinsight.com/post/jacob-theodosiou

https://www.therecord.com/sports/basketball/2021/08/18/waterloos-jacob-theodosiou-named-to-national-basketball-team.html

Canada wins the 3rd place game of the FIBA tournament defeating the Dominican Republic 92-76 .  Jacob Theodosiou played 18 min. and scored 15 pts. on 5-8 FG; 3-4 on 3s; 2-2 FT.  He had 1 reb; 2 asst; 1 TO; 3 stl.

For the 6 games in the tournament he averaged 10.7 ppg shooting 22-47 FG (47%); 13-25 on 3s (52%); 7-8 FT (88%).  He averaged 2 reb; 2 asst; 2 TO; 2 stl and 17 min./game.

Name we might hear more of down the road.  

Royce Parham @RoyceParham

Just had pleasure of speaking with Brian Walsh from Indiana. I’m looking forward to learning more about the program in the upcoming months.

Parham attends North Hills HS in Pittsburgh.  

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette May '21

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Feb. '21

In Alex Bozich's list of expected attendees at Hoosier Hysteria he mentioned Caleb Middleton '24 from New Hampton Prep in New Hampton, NH.  Haven't heard his name often mentioned in connection with IU interest so here's some refresher into on him.

Hudl

June '21  --  6'11 forward New Hampton School (NH) - Ranked as one of the most sought after prospects  in the country by Playrz First Group. Middleton is entering his second year at New Hampton as a rising sophomore. He possesses guard like skills because he recently grew several inches over the last two years. He can really use his length on the defensive side of the ball, blocking several shots and being able to alter many more. His offensive game is progressing as well, recently adding a much more consistent 3 point shot and has the ability to put the ball on the deck. Holds multiple D1 offers as a freshman, including DePaul. Plays AAU with BABC.

https://newenglandrecruitingreport.com/recruits/caleb-middleton-2024

Oct. '20 --  https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/2024-prospect-introduction-caleb-middleton

August '20 --  Caleb Middleton, who will be joining New Hampton’s class of 2024 next year, was the first player to catch our eye. He has a terrific early combination of size, skill, and fluidity. He runs and moves well for someone his age who is already every bit of 6-foot-9. The versatility in his skill set is very intriguing as well. He can step out and make threes, put the ball on the floor, and score inside with baby hooks and good footwork. In short, he’s bound to be one of the top early prospects in next year’s freshman class. 

2021 Peach Jam --

Caleb Middleton '24 ( C ) - BABC               15U        
Date W/L Pts. FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks. Min.
7/13 L 15 5 12 2 3 3 6 9 0 5 2 3 28
7/14 L 8 4 10 0 0 0 3 5 0 2 0 0 27
7/15 W 7 3 6 0 0 1 2 2 1 1 0 1 19
7/16 L 15 6 10 0 0 3 4 3 0 0 1 1 28
7/17 L 6 2 8 2 2 0 1 11 1 1 0 2 28
7/18 L 6 3 7 0 2 0 1 3 0 1 0 0 21
7/19 L 10 4 13 2 4 0 3 7 2 1 0 0 26

# Gms / Avg 7 9.6 41%   55%   35%   6 1 2 0 1 25

On 6/18/2021 at 9:48 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

'24 Brauntae (Tae) Johnson first mentioned with IU interest in April.  Attends Fort Wayne North Side HS.  Last season averaged 17.3ppg; 6.5rpg; 5.5apg; 2.2 stls.  Shot 49% from the field; 32% on 3s and 75% FT.

Johnson's future may lie on the football field.  He received an IU football offer today.  He's a WR on his high school football team.

Tae Johnson @taejohnson1012 -- Blessed to receive an offer from Indiana University Thankful for the opportunity and encouragement.

16 hours ago, The RUN DMCer said:
Did Indiana has offer Georgetown Prep (Md.) 6'7 2024 wing Khani Rooths? Viewed on Twitter last night. Or just another Aaron Powell?

Been over 36 hours with no confirmation that an offer was truly extended so yes, another Aaron Powell de ja vu all over again.  I've locked the recruiting thread I started for Rooths and anything new that comes out regarding Rooths should go in this thread until such time as we can verify he has a legitimate offer.  My bad.

Frank Burlison's recap of the Pangos Top 30 Cream of the Crop.  Several names that have previously appeared in this thread are highlighted in bold.

– Sophomores Dekwon Brown and Payton Kamin led the black jerseys past their white counterparts, 99-94, Sunday afternoon in The Top 30 Cream of the Crop Game to cap the annual two-day Pangos All-Midwest Frosh/Soph Camp at the Park District sports facility.

The 6-foot-3 Brown (Limestone Community on Bartonville, about 170 miles southwest of Chicago) opened the game with three 3-pointers, finishing with 17 points, and the 6-6 Kamin (DePaul Prep in Chicago) sizzled after intermission, when he drilled four clutch 3s en route to his 16-point effort.

This was the third stop on the Pangos Frosh-Soph fall circuit, following the West (Long Beach in Southern California) and South (Duncanville, near Dallas) sessions.

The East and final session will be contested in Mt. Laurel in New Jersey next weekend.

The Chicago St. Rita Class of 2024, 6-9 post duo of James Brown and Morez Johnson Jr. – dominant presences all weekend in and around the lane – did their best to keep the white jerseys close, scoring 19 and 13 points, respectively.

The “Browns” (no relation) were their respective team’s Most Outstanding Players in the Top 30 game, while sophomores Tyler Wooten (6-2/Matteson, IL, Rich Township) and Christian Humphrey-Rembert (6-8/La Porte, IN, La Lumiere) shared the honoring for the winning black jerseys in their 86-62 win in the earlier Top 6- Cream of the Crop affair.

All of the games were live-stream and archived by BallerTV.

No “Most Outstanding Player” for the entire camp was selected (in consolation with myself, my fellow McDonald’s All-American Selection Committee member Van Coleman and event founder/director Dinos Trigonis.

But I could – and did – build strong cases for at least five players getting that honor: the Browns, Johnson, Bryce Heard (a freshman “wing” from Chicago Kenwood Academy) and sophomore combo guard-deluxe K.J. Windham 

My Top 15 “performers’ for the camp are listed in order below, by position

(point guard; shooting guard; small forward; power forward; and center) and were selected because of how well they played when I watched them and NOT strictly upon college “potential”.

TOP 15

FIRST TEAM

Dekwon Brown                                6-3                        Bartonville (IL) Limestone Community     So.

K.J. Windham                                   6-3                        Indianapolis (Ben Davis)                               So.

Bryce Heard                                      6-6                        Chicago Kenwood Academy                        Fr.

Morez Johnson Jr.                          6-9                        Chicago St. Rita                                              So.

James Brown                                    6-9                        Chicago St. Rita                                              So.

SECOND TEAM

Damon Davis                                    5-11                      Chicago Whitney Young                               So.

Davion Hannah                                6-4                        Milwaukee Academy of Science                 Fr.

Ian Miletic                                         6-5                        Rolling Meadows (IL)                                    Fr.

Jason Jakstys                                    6-8                        Yorkville (IL)                                                    So.

Jaden Smith                                      6-10                      Chicago Lincoln Park                                     So.

THIRD TEAM

Cole Hansen                                     6-4                        Milwaukee Wauwatosa West                     So.

Xavier Johnson                                6-2                        Detroit University Jesuit                               Fr.

Calvin Robins Jr.                              6-4                        Chicago Kenwood Academy                        So.

Christian Humphrey-Rembert      6-8                        La Porte (IN) La Lumiere                               So.

Kieran Granville-Britten                 6-8                        Cincinnati Taft                                                Fr.

On 10/8/2021 at 6:58 PM, The RUN DMCer said:
Did Indiana has offer Georgetown Prep (Md.) 6'7 2024 wing Khani Rooths? Viewed on Twitter last night. Or just another Aaron Powell?

The Daily Hoosier reports that Rooths AAU team has confirmed he has received an IU offer.