Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - SG C. J. Gunn to INDIANA

Lots of positive IU picks rolling in on the 247 Crystal Ball for Mr. Gunn incl.  Snow, Meyer, and Peegs.

Awesome for him. Great for staff. Sadly won’t put us on the level where we need to be. I really hate to be this way or feel this way. Not fair to the kid but it’s my honest opinion.

Archie needs to win Now. This isn’t a win now recruit. What is Archies plan? Development? When? How?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

13 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Championship game of the Marion County Tournament with Lawrence North facing Warren Central and LN remained undefeated with its usual come from behind script for a 59-56 win.  Gunn finished with 18 pts.  He had 8 pts. in the 1st Q and 12 at the half after sitting out a good portion of the 2nd Q with 2 fouls.

From this morning's Indpls. Star his 18 pts. included going 4-6 from the 3-point line.

On 1/16/2021 at 9:19 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I agree with Doc.  Having watched several of his games, Gunn is not a difference maker and will not be an impact freshman.

With the way Franklin, Leal and Galloway are all playing I think we can afford to let a guy develop. Assuming Archie is still here 

In what has become SOP for Lawrence North (14-0) they trailed for much of the game finally taking the lead in the 4th Q and beating North Central (5-7) 64-60.  Gunn finished with 19 pts. on 6-13 FG; 3-9 on 3s; 4-4 FT; 4 reb; 1 asst; 2 stls; 2 blks.  Per the announcers, Gunn is shooting 77% FT and averaging 14 ppg and 9 rpg.

For North Central, '22 Leland Walker had 22 pts. on 8-13 FG; 2-6 on 3s; 4-6 FT; 3 reb; 5 asst; 1 stl; 3 TO.  FWIW he can dunk a basketball.

Battle of the unbeatens.  #1 Lawrence North (14-0) vs #2 Homestead (15-0).  And in OT, Homestead remained unbeaten winning 55-50.  Gunn with 13 pts. on 3-6; FG; 2-5 on 3s; 1-1 FT; 3 reb; 2 asst; 3 stls; 1 blk.  

Illinois commit Luke Goode started raining 3s for Homestead in the 1st Q.  Jack Keefer then switched Gunn to guard Goode and Gunn really shut him down from that point.  However, Lawrence North didn't have anyone to guard Fletcher Loyer and he torched LN for 27 pts.

Battle of the unbeatens.  #1 Lawrence North (14-0) vs #2 Homestead (15-0).  And in OT, Homestead remained unbeaten winning 55-50.  Gunn with 13 pts. on 3-6; FG; 2-5 on 3s; 1-1 FT; 3 reb; 2 asst; 3 stls; 1 blk.  
Illinois commit Luke Goode started raining 3s for Homestead in the 1st Q.  Jack Keefer then switched Gunn to guard Goode and Gunn really shut him down from that point.  However, Lawrence North didn't have anyone to guard Fletcher Loyer and he torched LN for 27 pts.

Lower and Goode really showing out.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, HoosierRobbie said:

The problem with Gunn is that he’s not an instant impact player, and Archie needs instant impact.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Strongly disagree.

By the time Gunn arrives on campus, between 6’4” and 6’6” we will have a senior Armaan Franklin, and juniors Trey Galloway, Anthony Leal and Jordan Geronimo. Gunn will not need to be an instant impact player.

Strongly disagree.
By the time Gunn arrives on campus, between 6’4” and 6’6” we will have a senior Armaan Franklin, and juniors Trey Galloway, Anthony Leal and Jordan Geronimo. Gunn will not need to be an instant impact player.

Maybe, I personally don’t think Archie will be here when Gunn arrives anyway, but that’s a whole different thread.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 hours ago, HoosierRobbie said:

Maybe, I personally don’t think Archie will be here when Gunn arrives anyway, but that’s a whole different thread.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Happy to get Gunn signed but 2022 is a long way away. Lots of change possible in that time frame.

Chance to watch what sounds like will be our first '22 commit tonight when Lawerence North hosts Center Grove.  Game supposedly to be streamed free of charge with 7:30 approx. start.

https://www.youtube.com/user/NewFiveCreative?fbclid=IwAR0PDriZBq5t3tfMLffgq-FMg9aYx3CIaSo4VF2vlt4FhhOqlqUCZKj3h3g

In a low scoring game, Lawrence North defeated Center Grove 45 - 35.   It was a one point game after 3, but Center Grove could score only 4 points in the 4th Q.  Gunn with 11 pts. on 4-5 on 2s; 1-4 on 3s; 4 reb; 2 asst; 2 stls; 1 blk; 1 TO.  Again in this game, he picked up 2 fouls in the first quarter and spent a considerable amount of the first half on the  bench.  Early foul trouble has been a recurring problem for him.

#3 Carmel at #2 Lawrence North tonight at 7:30.  Game will be televised on MYIndy TV or livestreamed on:

https://www.iscsportsnetwork.com/products/2021-bbb-carmel-at-lawrence-north-2-4-21

Reminder that Gunn is scheduled to announce on the 7th.

After a low scoring first half ended with Carmel leading 19-11, Carmel (16-1) erupted for 19 pts. in the 3rd Q and never looked back defeating Lawrence North (16-2) 63-49 while playing without its leading scorer Brian Waddell.  LN's big man D. J. Hughes fouled out just seconds into the 4th Q but it probably didn't make a difference as Carmel simply outplayed LN the whole game.  Gunn with 8 pts. on 3-7 FG; 2-4 on 3s; 1 reb; 1 asst; 1 stl; 2 TO.