Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - SG C. J. Gunn to INDIANA

In an afternoon mismatch, #1 4A Lawrence North routed #10 1A Indps. Tindley 84 - 49.  LN had a 15 point lead after 1 quarter and it just got worse from there.  Gunn played the first half and less than 2 minutes in the 3rd Q before taking a seat on the bench for the rest of the game.  He scored 17 pts. on 4-10 FG; 2-4 on 3s; 3-4 FT; 2 reb; 1 asst; 1 stl; 1 TO.  LN played pressure defense and had a number of steals and forced a lot of Tindley TOs.

'23 Jayden Pinkston came in averaging 17.6ppg for Tindley but only scored 2 against LN.  Reportedly we've expressed some degree of interest in Pinkston.

What a game this would have been to watch.  Lawrence North was down 12 with 4 minutes left to Jalen Washington and Gary West Side and came back to win 61 - 60 and remain undefeated.  Hopefully I'll find more details in the morning.  I think Gunn had 7 pts.

After you come down from your emotional high following our win today over Ole Miss, you can watch C. J. Gunn in action tonight at 6:30 when Lawrence North takes on '23 Jalen Hooks and Crispus Attucks.  Tipoff scheduled for 6:30 and streamed (free) at:  https://vcloud.blueframetech.com/broadcast/embed/213573?w=640

#1 and unbeaten Lawrence North defeated #11 Crispus Attucks (9-2) 67-56 after trailing 36-22 at halftime.  I had Gunn with 17 pts. on 4-9 FG; 2-3 on 3s; 3-4 FT; 12 reb; 2 asst; 6 TO.  He did not exhibit good ball handling skills.

For Crispus Attucks, '23 Jalen Hooks with 8 pts. on 2-5 FG; 1-1 on 3s; 1-7 on FT (he airballed 2 FT); 1 asst; 1 stl; 1blk.

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Lawrence North (9-0) remains undefeated with a 63-43 win over Warren Central (3-4).  Gunn with 8 pts. on 1-2 FG; 2-5 non 3s; 6 reb; 2 stls; 3 TO.  

Announcers commented he's not been shooting the ball well this season.

I know where he'll fit right in!

In what has become SOP for Lawrence North (10-0) they trailed for most of the game and tied it up with 2 min. remaining on a nifty baseline drive by Gunn and then dominated the game from that point for a 69-59 win over North Central (5-6) in the opening round of the Marion County Tournament.  As they did in the previous game, the announcers commented that Gunn was not shooting well this season but that wasn't the case tonight.  He finished with 28 points (twice his season average) on 6-7 2s; 3-7 3s and 7-7 FT.  He added 1 reb; 1 stl and 2 TO.   This was the fourth game I've watched him play this season.  IMO he has a nasty habit of throwing soft one-hand passes and he gets beat pretty regularly on baseline drives by the man he's guarding.

North Central features '21 Leland Walker who we've looked at but doesn't appear there's any serious interest.  He finished with 14 pts. on 3-5 2s; just 1-7 3s and 5-5 FT.  He added 3 assts. and 1 TO.  As I recall when his name was first mentioned in connection with IU there were questions about his height.  Per the game announcers he's 6'1" FWIW.

Final comment.  Butler's getting a good recruit in Lawrence North's D. J. Hughes.

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Did he break it before the kid posted it on Twitter?

Looks like it. He linked to a 24/7 article that was up before Gunn’s tweet.

Championship game of the Marion County Tournament with Lawrence North facing Warren Central and LN remained undefeated with its usual come from behind script for a 59-56 win.  Gunn finished with 18 pts.  He had 8 pts. in the 1st Q and 12 at the half after sitting out a good portion of the 2nd Q with 2 fouls.