Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - SG C. J. Gunn to DePaul

17 minutes ago, maharkn said:

Missed the first half. Second half I would have liked to see him more aggressive. Most of the time he was just standing opposite the ball.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Sounds like he'll fit right in.  LOL  :) 

3 minutes ago, maharkn said:

Seems odd but it must work.

He scored 38 so the offense worked. In the first half he was really aggressive and took over the game

He scored 38 so the offense worked. In the first half he was really aggressive and took over the game
That's what I didn't see. I know the whole second half they used a chaser on him. Got more aggressive in going and getting the ball in the final minute when they needed someone to hit free throws

13 minutes ago, maharkn said:

That's what I didn't see. I know the whole second half they used a chaser on him. Got more aggressive in going and getting the ball in the final minute when they needed someone to hit free throws

Last year he was like their third option and stood in the corner a lot

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

So it’s pretty clear he can shoot. He’s gonna be a Cliff Marshall special to get court time.

Once this kid adds some muscle and gets defensive fundamentals down, I feel he is going to get some good minutes. 

Like with too many of our commits and targets, I could never find consistent game stats for C. J., so  this is all I have and it's really bare bones.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.  It's pathetic how little high school sports coverage you get from the Indy Star.   Most of the time it's just a bunch of game pictures and maybe the final score if  you're lucky.  Gannett sucks!

• 13 games:  25.2 ppg
  • 6 games:  5.8 rpg
  • 3 games:  2.0 apg
  • 3 games 2.3 steals

17 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Hated the way Gunn played tonight. My scouting report stays the same. I’ll always root for IU kids and good kids. He’s both. Yet, He’s got a lot to learn about playing winning basketball.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Definitely not scared to pull the trigger.

12 minutes ago, Indiana muskie said:

Definitely not scared to pull the trigger.

Yeah, it’s more than that.  He’s a very capable scorer and they count on him for it. It’s more his demeanor and effort when playing defense and when he doesn’t have the ball on offense. He lets guys go right by him on D.  Doesn’t play help defense. Likes to press but that’s about it. On offense if he doesn’t have the ball he isn’t doing anything to help the team.  He comes out to the ball and crowds the ball when he wants it. He rarely if ever rebound out of position. Sets zero picks or screens for teammates.  Aside from that, the measurable all look good.  Ball handling is good not great. Athleticism is a big plus. Shot making ability is there but he shoots some crazy shots. And makes some.  He’s got some talented dudes on that LN team but you wouldn’t think so, based on offensive efforts. 

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, it’s more than that.  He’s a very capable scorer and they count on him for it. It’s more his demeanor and effort when playing defense and when he doesn’t have the ball on offense. He lets guys go right by him on D.  Doesn’t play help defense. Likes to press but that’s about it. On offense if he doesn’t have the ball he isn’t doing anything to help the team.  He comes out to the ball and crowds the ball when he wants it. He rarely if ever rebound out of position. Sets zero picks or screens for teammates.  Aside from that, the measurable all look good.  Ball handling is good not great. Athleticism is a big plus. Shot making ability is there but he shoots some crazy shots. And makes some.  He’s got some talented dudes on that LN team but you wouldn’t think so, based on offensive efforts. 

Was telling my brother out of the three new guys . He is the least excited about for me .