Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - SG C. J. Gunn to INDIANA

1 hour ago, Zachetology said:

I think Gunn will jump over Bates on the depth chart pretty quickly.

I like Gunn quite a bit, but I think it will take a year or 2 to get to college contribution level. Also I am optimistic about Bates making a jump . Let's get the best roster possible. 

2 hours ago, BtownStrength said:

I like Gunn quite a bit, but I think it will take a year or 2 to get to college contribution level. Also I am optimistic about Bates making a jump . Let's get the best roster possible. 

I hope all the guys take steps forward- I won't complain as long as they hit shots. My perception is just that Gunn has a more-consistent-looking shot from my limited analysis. Go Hoosiers!

5 hours ago, Zachetology said:

I hope all the guys take steps forward- I won't complain as long as they hit shots. My perception is just that Gunn has a more-consistent-looking shot from my limited analysis. Go Hoosiers!

Shot 37% last season.  He's got some work today if he wants to shoot anything close to that in the B1G. 

Again though.. I'm excited for him.  

14 hours ago, btownqb said:

Shot 37% last season.  He's got some work today if he wants to shoot anything close to that in the B1G. 

Again though.. I'm excited for him.  

and 37% at college distance.

14 hours ago, btownqb said:

and anything close to that at college distance, regardless of conference.

On 4/25/2022 at 1:24 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:
On 4/25/2022 at 1:24 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:
On 3/6/2022 at 9:32 PM, TheWatShot said:

performin

Has this kid put on a growth spurt?

He looks a legit 6'5" or better.

Looooooong!

19 hours ago, Bigred3588 said:

He’ll have to adjust to the level of competition, but I don’t think distance will be a problem…

2 things I like a lot in his shooting— elevation, and that he creates / shoots off the bounce and on breaks. Looks like a strong scorer in the making at the college level

30 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

2 things I like a lot in his shooting— elevation, and that he creates / shoots off the bounce and on breaks. Looks like a strong scorer in the making at the college level

A lot to like in this clip. Elevation is impressive as is the ease with which he shoots. No hesitation, just makes plays. He seems overshadowed by some higher profile kids, but I think he will surprise.

He’s too athletic to defend the way he does. He’s really going to need to lock in and give much better effort. Talented 3 level scorer.  Can hit tough shots.  

playing time will be dependent on Defense and ability to MAKE shots at this level.  We have a huge need for what he offers if he can do the other stuff. 

He and Bates are directly competing for minutes imo.

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

He’s too athletic to defend the way he does. He’s really going to need to lock in and give much better effort. Talented 3 level scorer.  Can hit tough shots.  

playing time will be dependent on Defense and ability to MAKE shots at this level.  We have a huge need for what he offers if he can do the other stuff. 

He and Bates are directly competing for minutes imo.

The verdict is still out on offense but our defensive improvement between Miller’s last season and Woodson’s first leaves zero doubt in my mind Woodson will get him squared away on that end of the floor.

I think his biggest hindrance next year will be his frame. If he doesn’t put on some size he’ll struggle with the physicality in the B1G. If he does, it will adversely affect his shooting and it can take months for shooters to adjust to added muscle. Just look at Yogi. High percentage 3 point shooter in HS, 30% his freshman year, and 40%+ every year after. Luckily Gunn has good form and probably hasn’t hit his ceiling in terms of shooting percentage.