Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - SG C. J. Gunn to INDIANA

1 hour ago, lillurk said:

“We happen to have some folks in common, so the trust factor for me is pretty high (with coach Woodson).” — CJ’s dad, Christopher.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/03/31/class-of-2022-lawrence-north-guard-cj-gunn-remains-committed-to-indiana-after-conversation-with-mike-woodson/

Wonder if we’ve underestimated how many connections CMW still has in Indy.

I think he has a ton of connections here in town. He remained close with his HS coach, Bill Smith, who like Woody was a high quality person. Woody brought him to Atlanta to help as an advisor and i am sure other coaches would appreciate his respect for his HS coach even after he hit the big time 

The extended Woodson family is still largely in Indy and very close.  One of his brothers/cousins owns a construction company in the city   

I really like Gunn's potential. I know there are some games where his stats don't pop of the page but he is a long, fluid athlete. He has a really nice shot as well.

Glad that this staff will be coaching him and not the last because I feel like he would have been wasted. 

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

I really like Gunn's potential. I know there are some games where his stats don't pop of the page but he is a long, fluid athlete. He has a really nice shot as well.

Glad that this staff will be coaching him and not the last because I feel like he would have been wasted. 

I agree.  I’ve been hard on him from a stats perspective.  But the length, athleticism, skill set to mold is all there. 

4 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I agree.  I’ve been hard on him from a stats perspective.  But the length, athleticism, skill set to mold is all there. 

I think the shape of the roster he’ll be joining us also much stronger than it was when he committed. 

18 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Here's the dog, Doc Fleek's been asking for!!

Rabjohns:  CJ Gunn ain't just a dog on defense. He's an angry dog on defense. Putting a good offensive player in front of him is like throwing steak in front of a starving pit bull. The dude can play both ends of the floor.

Wow, that’s an extremely impressive write up 

Rob Cassidy of Rivals:  

An Indiana commit, Gunn righted a slow start over the weekend and seemed to improve his jumper and cut down on turnovers with each game he played. By Sunday afternoon, he was firing on all cylinders.

When Gunn is at his best, he is able to maintain a breakneck pace without seeming out of control. On Sunday, he saw the court well and impressed with his passing in addition to pouring in 15 points from all three levels.

At 2:59 of that video: Don't think I've ever seen anyone get a bunch of high fives from teammates and a standing ovation from the stands for missing a fast-break dunk and turning the ball over. Wild.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

"It’s clear Gunn’s perimeter game needs work. He went 2-of-13 from the floor, with the two baskets coming on a dunk driving down the lane and a 12-footer in traffic."

9 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

"It’s clear Gunn’s perimeter game needs work. He went 2-of-13 from the floor, with the two baskets coming on a dunk driving down the lane and a 12-footer in traffic."

He had a bad game. I don't believe it was anything more than that.