Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - SG C. J. Gunn to INDIANA

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

In its last regular season game, Lawrence North defeated Hamilton Southeastern 68-42.  Gunn with 16 pts. on 5-9 FG; 3-6 on 3s; 3-4 FT; 4 reb; 2 asst; 2 stll; 1 blk; 3 TO.

First round games on Tues. March 2, and Wed. March 3.  Semis on the 5th; championship on the 6th.

4 of the 4a top 10 is in this sectional.  Loaded as always 

I couldn't find a single source for Gunn's game-by-game stats so what follows is from a hodgepodge of sources over the course of his regular season with stats for some games completely missing.

• 20 games:  15.2 pts
  • 16 games:  4.1 reb
  • 15 games:  1.5 asst
  • 13 games:  1.7 stls
  • 14 games:  .7 blk
  • 10 games:  1.9 to

From the 13 games I watched and scored he shot 49% FG / 47% on 3s / 78% FT.    I'm sure these aren't 100% accurate but pretty darn close.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

First round sectional game for Gunn and Lawrence North vs Indpls. Cathedral (Tayshawn Comer) at 6:00.  Game to be televised on MyINDY-TV 23.

That’s a 1st round sectional game? God I miss Indy this time of year.

It's a shame #3 Lawrence No. (23-2) and #4 Cathedral (18-3) are in the same sectional let alone they had to play each other in the first round.  Law. No. got the win 75-63 and on Friday night will face the winner of Lawrence Central and Warren Central.

Gunn with 26 pts. on 10-13 FG; 0-1 on 3s; 6-7 FT; 5 reb; 1 asst; 1 stl; 1 blk; 1 TO.  He really exhibited some great body control on several twisting drives to the bucket and demonstrated he can use either hand to finish.

Tayshawn Comer finished with 18 pts. on 4-11 FG; 3- on 3s; 7-9 FT.  I think he may have scored 10 of his points in the 4th Q and I don't understand why he wasn't more aggressive in attempting to score earlier in the game.

Another chance to watch Gunn tonight as Lawrence North faces Warren Central (Tae Davis-Louisville) at 7:30 on MyINDY TV-23.  

The first game tonight at this sectional is Crispus Attucks (Jalen Hooks '23) vs North Central set for a 6:00 tipoff.

Should be 2 really good high school games if you can watch.

Lawrence North advances to the sectional championship against North Central with a 46-45 win over Warren Central.  WC had a good look at the buzzer but it just wouldn't drop.  I had Gunn with 9 pts. on 3-10 FG; 1-6 on 3s; 2-4 FT; 5 reb; 1 asst; 1 stl; 1 TO.

16 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Lawrence North advances to the sectional championship against North Central with a 46-45 win over Warren Central.  WC had a good look at the buzzer but it just wouldn't drop.  I had Gunn with 9 pts. on 3-10 FG; 1-6 on 3s; 2-4 FT; 5 reb; 1 asst; 1 stl; 1 TO.

He had his hand wrapped in this one.  I didn’t remember it being wrapped last game 

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Hadn't really thought about it, but I believe you are correct.  Certainly didn't have one of his best shooting nights so the 2 may be related.

He didn’t have a good shooting night  but he had a stretch at the end of the 3rd where you can see why he is a D1 level recruit.  

The portion about Duncomb appears in his own thread.

Mike Pegram - Duncomb, Gunn lead teams through early playoff challenges

Gunn leads Lawrence North to Regionals

CJ Gunn and Lawrence North had a much tougher path to this weekend's IHSAA Regionals. The No. 4 Wildcats drew No. 3 Indianapolis Cathedral in the opener of the 4A Sectional at Arsenal Tech.

Gunn came up big, scoring a game-high 26 points (see Peegs.com story) as Lawrence North took down their rival, 75-63.

It was a low-scoring contest in Friday's semifinals, but Lawrence North survived Warren Central, 46-45. Gunn had nine points, going 3-for-9 from the field, and was 2-for-4 from the charity stripe.

In Saturday's sectional title game it was a showdown against North Central and fellow junior Leland Walker (Xavier offer). As he did in the regular season, Gunn guarded Walker much of the game despite being several inches taller.

The high-scoring Walker was held to 12 points as Lawrence North pulled away for a 62-49 victory. Gunn had 16 points in the victory.

Lawrence North moved to 25-2 on the season and will now play Ben Davis (14-11) in the first game of the Southport Regional on Saturday. Tip will be at 10 a.m. ET. Mount Vernon (17-6) and Plainfield (23-2) will follow with the winners playing that night at 8 p.m. ET for a spot in the Semistate next Saturday.