Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - SG C. J. Gunn to DePaul

Has anyone been close enough to the kid to tell me how tall he actually is? Yeah, he’s listed as 6’5” most places, but I’ve seen him listed anywhere from 6’4” to 6’7”, and I’m really curious what he actually measures.

13 hours ago, Demo said:

Has anyone been close enough to the kid to tell me how tall he actually is? Yeah, he’s listed as 6’5” most places, but I’ve seen him listed anywhere from 6’4” to 6’7”, and I’m really curious what he actually measures.

I believe 6-5 is accurate after standing next to him and talking to him this summer.

Chance to watch Gunn in action tonight as Lawrence North faces Ben Davis.  Game to be televised on WNDY-TV starting at 7:30.

Tomorrow night Lawrence North travels to Fort Wayne Snider for a 5:30 game that will be available thru     https://summitcitysports.com/live-video/

Gunn was on fire tonight.  He was 3-5 on 2s and 9-14 on 3s and most of his 3s were deep.  The game was streamed on Summit City Sports and it should be available to watch at               http://summitcitysports.com/

On 2/6/2021 at 6:46 PM, Uspshoosier said:

Keefer’s offense plays at a very slow pace.  He has won many games playing this way but with the athletes they have all around that team you would like to see them take advantage of it.    My guess is Gunns potential is being scouted by what he did during AAU where is has way more freedom to showcase what he could do when giving the chance 

My morning after thoughts from last night's 33 point performance.  LN scored 95 points in that game and obviously it was at a much faster pace than a typical LN game.  More like an AAU game with teams racing up and down the court as in the 4 min. vid clip I posted last Wednesday.   The college game with a shot clock may be ideal for Gunn and his abilities.

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

My morning after thoughts from last night's 33 point performance.  LN scored 95 points in that game and obviously it was at a much faster pace than a typical LN game.  More like an AAU game with teams racing up and down the court as in the 4 min. vid clip I posted last Wednesday.   The college game with a shot clock may be ideal for Gunn and his abilities.

The team they played yesterday plays at a really fast pace I guess.  That’s what Trevor Andershock said 

The team they played yesterday plays at a really fast pace I guess.  That’s what Trevor Andershock said 

Yes, Snider is historically a very athletic school. It used to be the most athletic school in the city. Rod Woodson’s alma mater. As Homestead and Carroll grow they seem have the size and athleticism to rival or best Snider for the past several years. I’m not surprised to hear about the run n gun pace. Nice to see CJ show out.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Last night Lawrence North defeated Pike 75-67 after letting a 17 point 3rd Q lead shrink to 7 pts. with 53 sec. remaining.  LN got sloppy and let Pike back in the game.  Gunn finished with 17 pts. on 7-12 FG; 3-6 on 3s; 0-1 FT; 3 reb; 1 asst; 2 stl; 1 blk; 2 TO.  LN plays again today hosting Floyd Central.

From WTHR -

Lawrence North High School junior guard C.J. Gunn admits he didn't grow up an Indiana basketball fan. 

His mother is a Duke grad, so it was all about the Blue Devils in their house. But when it came time for Gunn to decide his future on the court, he turned his attention to the Hoosiers.

"Just the history behind Indiana and the brand it built, obviously I love the relationship I built with the coaches and players there," said Gunn. "I just think it'll be a great fit." 

The four-star recruit had several offers, including Cincinnati and Kansas State, but he ultimately chose to head to Bloomington. 

Gunn admits there's pressure in making such a big decision, but called it positive pressure.

"Just to be in this predicament, it's been a dream of mine since I was little, so just having this opportunity is a blessing," he said.

The recruiting process is nothing new for the Gunn family, because C.J. isn’t the first to play college basketball. His older sister Lauren, also a former standout at Lawrence North, is now playing at Valparaiso. The siblings are close and she’s been there every step of the way.

“She just told me to stay hungry and stay humble, no matter what. She tries to help me the best she can. She's obviously my number one fan, she's my best friend. I know she has my back through everything," Gunn said.

Gunn even credits Lauren with his development on the court. 

"My sister really brought that dog out in me when we were young. We played one-on-one, we used to draw blood, cry, all that other stuff. So if I can do that with her, that means I can do that with anyone else. So I love her for that."

Gunn still has his senior season left at Lawrence North before he heads to IU and has his sights set on a state championship.

In its last regular season game, Lawrence North defeated Hamilton Southeastern 68-42.  Gunn with 16 pts. on 5-9 FG; 3-6 on 3s; 3-4 FT; 4 reb; 2 asst; 2 stll; 1 blk; 3 TO.

First round games on Tues. March 2, and Wed. March 3.  Semis on the 5th; championship on the 6th.