Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - SG Isaac McKneely to Virginia

56 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Still want to watch more of this kid, and my crush on Bruce Thornton's game is almost overpowering, but from what I've been able to find so far, McKneely and Avery Brown strike me as a perfect complementary backcourt.  Seriously, perfect.

30 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

He should be IU’s top target for 2022 in my opinion.  I would treat him like an instate recruit. 

Agree. And it ought to be the easiest sales pitch in the world. Just give him a cut up of clanked open 3 after clanked open 3 and say, “Isaac, if you make those looks, you will never leave the floor.” 

Probably for all intensive purposes McKneely's season is finished before it even  started.  High school basketball was scheduled to start January 11, but today WV Governor Jim Justice postponed the start of winter sports (basketball, swimming & wrestling) from Jan. 11 to March 1.

A possible light at the end of the tunnel for WV high schools.  Today the WV governor announced games may begin on March 3, and practices on Feb. 15, for counties back in school in person.  Teams must have 14 practices completed before actual competition.  His earlier order would not have allowed practices to start prior to March 1.  Poca HS is located in Putnam Co., WV, and I have no idea whether schools are doing in-person teaching or all remote learning.

Rob Cassidy's thoughts on where McKneely is headed.  To no one's great surprise, we're a bridesmaid.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/ranking-the-contenders-isaac-mckneely

6. Purdue, Indiana, Illinois

Stranger things have happened, but McKneely announcing for any of these three schools would be stunning to say the least. Illinois has put in the most effort of the three and probably has the best shot, but even the Illini feel like a non-factor.