Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - SG Isaac McKneely to Virginia

Jake Weingarten -

Kentucky and North Carolina are the newest programs to enter the mix for Top-50 junior Isaac McKneely, he told @Stockrisers.  He’s been in contact with assistants from both programs.   6-foot-4 guard out of West Virginia, holds 10+ offers

On 10/4/2020 at 2:55 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Tweeted by one of his AAU coaches:  In today’s workout, @IsaacMcKneely made 102 3’s in 5 minutes.

Hate to be a naysayer but that sounds like BS to me. You’d have to average 1 made 3 every 3 seconds for a full 5 minutes...

40 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

Hate to be a naysayer but that sounds like BS to me. You’d have to average 1 made 3 every 3 seconds for a full 5 minutes...

Without having to rebound and they are passing them in rhythm it’s honestly not as crazy as you would think.  Usually at the college level they are hitting 80-90% of their 3’s if they are a good shooter when they put up their shots without a defense.  Mo Creek used to regularly hit 95% from 3 from a spot.  The ball is releasing their hand every 1+ seconds or so.  He probably got hot and hit about 90+% for 5 minutes when he normally sits at about 75-80% in that same situation.

43 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

I thought the same at the first, but it was a workout so he probably had someone feeding him the ball at set spot with no defense.

22 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Without having to rebound and they are passing them in rhythm it’s honestly not as crazy as you would think.  Usually at the college level they are hitting 80-90% of their 3’s if they are a good shooter when they put up their shots without a defense.  Mo Creek used to regularly hit 95% from 3 from a spot.  The ball is releasing their hand every 1+ seconds or so.  He probably got hot and hit about 90+% for 5 minutes when he normally sits at about 75-80% in that same situation.

Then he’s in pretty good company. Apparently Calipari runs this drill and said Herro was the best he’s seen with 95 in 5 minutes.

McKneely: “Programs heavily involved include Indiana, Illinois, WVU, Virginia, Louisville, Ohio State, Purdue, and Xavier.”

https://stockrisers.com/s/151/top-40-junior-isaac-mckneely-goes-in-depth-on-his-recruitment-growth

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

The day I stop following recruiting is the day I’m not an IU fan, because that’s where the winning starts.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

You are part of a die hard fanbase that will follow recruiting religiously good or bad myself included.   We are not the majority. I’ve got plenty of IU fans that are as die hard as I am but want nothing to do with following recruiting at all.  They only care about the kids that will be suiting up for the Hoosiers.  These are mostly the old timers fans that have no desire to mess with the ups and downs of recruiting wins or misses.   There is a kind of calmness to that methodology. Just think not stressing about missing Brooks, Kaufman, the insanity of the Kelger, Preston, or Garland recruitment.  However for me that would never be an option because following recruiting as close as I do is part of my college basketball watching experience 

29 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

You are part of a die hard fanbase that will follow recruiting religiously good or bad myself included.   We are not the majority. I’ve got plenty of IU fans that are as die hard as I am but want nothing to do with following recruiting at all.  They only care about the kids that will be suiting up for the Hoosiers.  These are mostly the old timers fans that have no desire to mess with the ups and downs of recruiting wins or misses.   There is a kind of calmness to that methodology. Just think not stressing about missing Brooks, Kaufman, the insanity of the Kelger, Preston, or Garland recruitment.  However for me that would never be an option because following recruiting as close as I do is part of my college basketball watching experience 

I don't follow recruiting as much as I would like to. It can be fun but also stressful. And some fans out there make it life or death. Making death threats and wishing injury on a kid. It's madness. It's hard to follow also.

17 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

I'm an old timer but have always been a recruiting junkie. I even subscribed to Clark Francis's Hoop Scoop back in the day.

Sometimes I wish I was one of the aforementioned as it can be maddening.

I check this subject at least 3 or 4 times a day.

Hell,I'm 25 feet up in a tree checking as we speak,LOL